What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have to milk what beer I have.... thinking about opening a Four Lokos (Pre Ban).... hmmm

My chemnitz's Vespers Abbey Dubbel w/ homemade candi syrup is starting to come into its own...dark fruit flavors (date & cherry) and dark chocolate & coffee bitternes are starting to overtake the initial sour notes...or maybe its the Racer 5 & Dale's Pale Ale =]

I'm on a mission to drink more good German beer. What are some good suggestions. I know the mass produced ones...looking to stay away from that. I'm trying to get more into good German beer that is still easily available. I tried Hacker-Pschorr Muncher Gold tonight and it was a good light lager. Any others?

a88f2e2b.jpg

Kickin' it old school Texas style!! HAHA

Wine ffs! Had to crack a bottle for the spaghetti sauce. Couldn't let the rest go to waste now, could I?

Just got back from a local festival. Just finished a pint of BM's dry hopped CB and about to pour a bottle of Real Ale Lost Gold IPA. Only available by draught untill a week or two ago. Excellent IPA.

Just got back from a local festival. Just finished a pint of BM's dry hopped CB and about to pour a bottle of Real Ale Lost Gold IPA. Only available by draught untill a week or two ago. Excellent IPA.

The one in Humble?

CYBI Brown sugga clone, still a little young to tell but it's Hoppy and very stroung (did I spell that right?).

Just cracked open a Shiner Spring Ale Dortmunder.

It's a very nice spring beer!

Floral and definite honey nose with a crisp, grainy palate. This will be a do-over, I think!

Union Jack IPA, trying to make myself like the more maltier IPAs. Will be finishing off with my thinner, dryer, all amarillo IPA.

I finished up my degree in Mechanical Engineering this week so it was time to break open some beers I have been hesitant to open.

god damn, this was so fricking good. lots of caramel, bourbon, vanilla, and molasses. Insanely smooth and drinkable for being 12%
dscn3339.jpg

amazing. Huge dark chocolate with coffee and caramel. Some molasses as well. Super smooth, and no alcohol noticed at all for 10.9%
dscn3343.jpg

this is so damn good. I havent had it in a while. Everything I love about IPAs is in this bottle. Huge flavor and amazing balance. Orange, grapefruit and pine. Centennial hops are delicious.
dscn3344.jpg

I also broke open some porter homebrew tonight, Carbonation isnt fully done yet. But the taste is fantastic.

Always wanted to try this, but never could get myself to pull the trigger. Finally after I nice beer sale at Central Market here in Houston this beer was too cheap to pass up. It is good!!

ccf3bc73.jpg

DFH 90 minute... not sure I buy into the hype with this beer. Is the butterscotch finish from all the crysal malt or is that diacetyl? I'm guessing it's from crystal malts, it doesn't seem to get worse as the beer warms up - only other beer I've had that compared to this amount of butterscotch was Moylan's Kilt Lifter - but it seems more appropriate in a Scottish than a DIPA.

DFH Hellhound 100 + IBU's, DFH Squall IPA=awesomeness, my ole Zion church saison = excasty

DFH Hellhound 100 + IBU's, DFH Squall IPA=awesomeness, my ole Zion church saison = excasty

On a budget until pay day so I haven't made a beer run in about 3 weeks. I need to see if we got some of the new Dogfish flavors. I have a Squall I've been saving. Something has changed as I don't care for this years as much as last years.

@ Spak.....I drank a bottle of Stone's IPA...not ruination....pretty damn good. Have you tried Avery Maharaja yet? I heard that one is off the charts IBU...but surprisingly balanced. I'm trying a wack at a clone recipe right now.

Back