For those who don't like holding their hose

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
I've grown tired of holding the RV hose to fill my HLT, so a trip to my local hardware store netted me this gadget for about $10 in parts.

WaterHook.jpg

Some soft copper pipe, a 3/4" x1/2" Female hose to FIP adapter, a 5/8" x 1/2" Compression to MIP adapter and a garden hose 1/4 turn valve.

Hangs on my HLT so I can fill it with 15 gallons and do stuff without having to hold the hose.

Lazy Bastard.
Pretty cool. I like it. for I am a lazy bastard, too!

Ya, it's one thing to put a pot in the sink and turn on the faucet, but when you are outside and waiting to fill up a 15.5 gallon sanke keggle, then that takes time (that could be used doing other things).

I've been using a spring clamp. :)
how can we be lazy if we spend 14 hours out in the garage working on two batches?! We're talking about EFFICIENCY here!

Edwort, have you timed how long it takes to fill the keggle? Might be some good info to have as you can come back out right as it finishes.

Simple and effective. On the brewery todo list among getting another RV filter since mine blew out after it "touched" the heating HLT and burst! :eek:

Edwort, have you timed how long it takes to fill the keggle? Might be some good info to have as you can come back out right as it finishes.

Not yet, but thanks for the idea. Will do tonight in preparation of lighting the burner at dawn tomorrow.

I keep my filter at the faucet and for $16 I replace it every year.

Yea, I got to man up and buy enough of the RV hose to make it from spigot to HLT. I went on the cheap initially and only bought a 3' white hose and used a standard hose on the in to the filter. So the filter just dangled near hot stuff!

Ed I'm sorry to say that I'm even to lazy to do it your way.

This is how my HLT gets filled..

I have a vlave at shoulder hight and the water line tapped into the lid.

310927687-MVC-697F.JPG

PXFIS-32914669-MVC-698F.JPG

Too Sweet! I'll have to top that now when the brewhaus is finished. Perhaps a drop down spigot from the ceiling to the HLT? :D

Nice job! Great idea with the flexible washing machine hose.

Too Sweet! I'll have to top that now when the brewhaus is finished. Perhaps a drop down spigot from the ceiling to the HLT? :D

Nice job! Great idea with the flexible washing machine hose.

I have considered, when I build my brew shed. Mounting one of those articulating faucets for stock pots. I have seen a few at used restaurant equipment supplies for decent prices. Mount a bib to the outside of the shed (water in connection) and have one of those dual cartridge filters inline and whalah!

I have considered, when I build my brew shed. Mounting one of those articulating faucets for stock pots. I have seen a few at used restaurant equipment supplies for decent prices. Mount a bib to the outside of the shed (water in connection) and have one of those dual cartridge filters inline and whalah!

I hear ya. I want to find a decent used stainless sink and install one of these puppies.

renderImage.image

It will make cleaning kettles & kegs a snap!

if you can find one of those for less than $200 you should let everyone here know. I gave up on it after a few days of shopping when I couldn't find anything cheap enough.

Back