So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5 gallons of Avery's Old Jubilation to bubble away and then condition until December. Nervous football brewing on either Saturday or Sunday... glad to have the great weather here a bit earlier than expected

Going to do a 10 gallon IPA with home grown hops (Cascade, Centennial and Chinook). I'll do one fermenter with WLP001 and the other with OYL-052. Not sure if I will make it Saturday or Sunday. The Patriots play tomorrow, so either day this weekend works for me! ;)

I've read a lot of people making an IPA without using Caramel or Crystal malt so I am going to give that a try. It will be 2-row (83.3%), Munich (12.3%) & a little Vienna (4.3%).

Planning my second ever BIAB brew day. I'll be brewing Yooper's Oatmeal Stout.
For me it will be a biab weekend as well and it will also be a Stout :)

Fairly simple oatmeal Stout I brewed before, this time with spelt malt instead of the oats. I am hoping for a better head retention thus way, and the spelt might even add a bit of body and flavour.

Same day I will be botteling an unnamed ale I designed myself so that I can pitch the Stout on the yeastcake :)

This coming weekend I'll be brewing a negro modello style with fresh cherries added at flameout, 3rd time doing this one and its yummy

60 fresh cherries gives it the perfect amount of aroma and flavor

Planning on redoing a batch of an IPA I killed last weekend. 10 gallons but changing up the hops to warrior and then cryo citra and cryo mosaic.

Brewed a Pale Ale today with CTZ and Cascade in the boil. Going to dry hop it with Zythos. Pretty excited to give it a try!

Got tomorrow off to go to a wedding in the PM and decided I'll brew in the AM. An american wheat with honey malt and galaxy hops cuz I don't have enough mosaic called for in my recipe.

Got a new stove coming tomorrow, definitely planning to brew this weekend!

Got my new flattop stove, can't wait to brew some beer this weekend! Sorry for the blurry pic, I was excited

80-img_20170907_123103134_dc715d1aed259f50ada1379049517fd872405f35.jpg

Just finished cleaning up after a very successful brew (save for the spill...) hit targets on a DIPA that has been a crazy success in previous efforts.

Hop bursted, big hop stand and (in two weeks or so) a big dry hop.

7 lb 2-row
7 lb Golden Promise
.7 lb 40L
.3 lb Golden naked oats

Apollo, Galaxy, Nelson, Amarillo, Idaho 7, Citra. (Stupid, expensive hop bill, but I do NOT care)

Omega DIPA (OYL-052) yeast with 1.7L starter. (Three hours in and already chewing into it)

Should finish up about 9.2%ABV - drinks like five..... Lordy!

I loved my brew day!!!!!

Brewing an American Wheat Ale right now. Five minutes from flameout. 'Scuse me, I gotta run...

In the fermenter. The recipe was:
4.5 lbs white wheat
4 lbs 2-row
1 lb Munich 10l
12 oz Caramel/Crystal 15l
.3 oz Magnum @55 min
.75 oz Cascade @30 min
.5 oz Cascade @1 min.

The recipe predicted 1.038 pre-boil and 1.047 OG. I hit 1.044 and 1.050. The sweet wort tasted great. I'm looking forward to this one.

s6f6Keb.jpg

Mark

NE IPA brewday in the books, hit my within 0.001 of my numbers and 11.5 gallons in the fermenter. Pretty good day

My we was also quite productive. 15liters of a spelt Stout went into the fermenter. Missed my expected Og by 0.01 though... Now I have a stronger Stout with 1.06og. I increased my brewhouse-efficiency to around 78%. BIAB rules :)

After 24h the air lock is not bubbling, it is spitting. Re used the yeast cake from the previous batch :) never saw fermentation kicking in so strongly.

Took Troegs spec's got it pretty close. Later post showed my %'s a little off. Everyone thinks it's better then the real deal.

Broke in the new stove with a Belgian Tripel IPA last night, the stove took some getting used to, but overall it went pretty well.

80-img_20170910_220909683_4ad7fe8476526344a6faeff26dc11c2f4f38396a.jpg

Lots of hoppy goodness in this one

80-img_20170910_220903693_top_7aad7cb0934c1b03a01495e31186421e447d733f.jpg

Did a yeast starter for the Belgian yeast, this batch was going crazy and already fermenting when I added it to the batch.

80-img_20170910_220858300_64b9d541df7384eb30243f99502b5f1d7863cf0f.jpg

I did an AG negro modelo spin off, had issues with clogged line running from false bottom elbow to valve, had to dump, clean, restart vorlauf...

Missed OG by 3 points 1.045,hit 1.042

Other than that should be fine

I'm brewing an oatmeal stout this coming Sunday... actually, am brewing every Sunday until at least mid-October. I have to get my kegs filled before winter hits or I won't make it to Spring!

Broke in the new stove with a Belgian Tripel IPA last night, the stove took some getting used to, but overall it went pretty well.

80-img_20170910_220909683_4ad7fe8476526344a6faeff26dc11c2f4f38396a.jpg

Lots of hoppy goodness in this one

80-img_20170910_220903693_top_7aad7cb0934c1b03a01495e31186421e447d733f.jpg

Did a yeast starter for the Belgian yeast, this batch was going crazy and already fermenting when I added it to the batch.

80-img_20170910_220858300_64b9d541df7384eb30243f99502b5f1d7863cf0f.jpg

Sounds good. What was your batch size?

I checked the fermentation last night and this morning and the airlock was humming away like a quick beating heart, sucker is chugging away!

My uncle requested a stout for his NYE party. I never know what people will like so I brewed up a batch of choco milk stout and a batch of dry irish stout this weekend. Hoping that'll give them a good amount of time to age....assuming I can resist temptation!

I'm planning a simple 4-gallon American pale ale, and going to use one of the packets of S-33 yeast in my fridge. Single hop variety, but haven't decided which one yet (probably Nugget)

Got some comet hops at a great price. So doing a 1 lb IPA . 10 lbs pale, biscuit and honey malt. Then mainly dry hopping and whirlpooling with the comet..

On Sunday I'll be doing an amber ale with some all natural apple butter added. Not sure if I'll add at 5 mins, flameout, or secondary

My guy tells me flameout

But also thought I may add it to the mash?

Depends on how much I drink most likely

Oh! I brewed today, not this weekend. I haven't brewed in at least 6 months, life got in the way. I brewed a Irish red ale all grain kit from nb with free shipping for about 25.00. I normally buy from Tx brewing out of ft. Worth and I normally build and design my own recipes off of other recipes. I'm glad I got to brew today and really enjoyed it, although I was a bit rusty.

I just got started with Texas brewing, been listening to their podcasts, which are hilarious

I can't decide between a saison or a belgian stout

I have the grains milled for both of them. The stout will take longer to get into bottles and be suitable holiday gifts. But, the saison grains have been milled for a longer period of time. Hmmmm.... Looks like a double batch weekend! :tank: :D

I may finally get to do that English brown ale I have wanted to do for about 3 weeks now. But it will have to be wedged between 3 batches getting bottled in 7 days, a birthday party and a college football game... Holy crap.

Back