What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LoloMT7 said:
It is definitely worth picking up Dave! I wish i'd have bought more in Jackson Hole last month. I'd really like to try some of their other beers as well.

Cool thanks i will check it out next time i go for thai out in brooklyn great great food and an awesome albeit expensive bottle shop next door.

Good luck. If youre takin the poker serious maybe thats a good thing. I know i like to think drinking doesnt affect my game...but it does big time. Well once i get to a certain point anyway. One or two doesnt hurt.

Poker runs don't really involve any sort of poker skill.

Looks like only a couple of us are drinkin and Alot of cubicle surfing. I sometimes forget its a weekday. My work schedule is all over the joint.

Im confused then. Whats a poker run?

Depends on the exact rules to his, but typically speaking there are multiple locations (5) where you ride (I assume motorcycle, but around here they do them on quads, and snowmobile too) to. At each location you cut a deck or pick a card. This is usually recorded on a score card, after you complete the trip you have a full hand recorded on your score card. You then return to the club house and receive prizes based on how good your poker hand was.

Usually done for charity. Highest hand gets either the grand prize or their pick of prizes. All the way down to worst hand, who many times also gets a consolation prize (at my snowmobile clubs ride you get a sweatshirt, but also have to sign a toilet seat that has all of the worst pokerhand signatures on it.)

MrNic said:
It's one of my favorite IPA's. The best beer Wyoming has to offer.

Id really like to see wyoming some day. Looks Beautiful in the pictures ive seen...on my computer. Quite the opposite of the views and scenery over here.

Channel66 said:
Depends on the exact rules to his, but typically speaking there are multiple locations (5) where you ride (I assume motorcycle, but around here they do them on quads, and snowmobile too) to. At each location you cut a deck or pick a card. This is usually recorded on a score card, after you complete the trip you have a full hand recorded on your score card. You then return to the club house and receive prizes based on how good your poker hand was.

Usually done for charity. Highest hand gets either the grand prize or their pick of prizes. All the way down to worst hand, who many times also gets a consolation prize (at my snowmobile clubs ride you get a sweatshirt, but also have to sign a toilet seat that has all of the worst pokerhand signatures on it.)

Spot on with the rules. The winner in ours usually just donates back to whichever family in need is the year's recipient. I rented a party bus this year to eliminate the need for a designated driver.

A little more on topic: sorry bout all the questions :mug:

image-3309041231.jpg

Channel66 said:

Thats awesome. Sounds like a good time and potentially for a great cause. Thanks.

SavageHawk said:
Spot on with the rules. The winner in ours usually just donates back to whichever family in need is the year's recipient. I rented a party bus this year to eliminate the need for a designated driver.

Good luck and thats a great idea with the party bus.

Id really like to see wyoming some day. Looks Beautiful in the pictures ive seen...on my computer. Quite the opposite of the views and scenery over here.

Wyoming is pretty awesome. Although I think I'd rather live in Colorado for the beer access.

St Lupulin in my new glass from the local bottle shop.

ForumRunner_20130802_182449.png

Just found out our offer to rent a flat up in Aberdeen has been accepted so I have something to celebrate!

TGIF

Channel66 said:
That's an adorable pot, get the lid off that thing though man what's wrong with you!

Did. I boil as much water as possible. Done deal, my friend.

the GF brought me lunch today at work since im the only one here, had her bring this SCULPIN that was beautifully crafted by remmy. If i wasnt supposed to be drinking at work there wouldnt be beer glasses in the freezer (i took this one out this morning) :D had to have a b-day brew at the office, i feel like remmy

2013-08-02 12.31.42.jpg

I use it to get the water up to boil as possible.

the GF brought me lunch today at work since im the only one here, had her bring this SCULPIN that was beautifully crafted by remmy. If i wasnt supposed to be drinking at work there wouldnt be beer glasses in the freezer (i took this one out this morning) :D had to have a b-day brew at the office, i feel like remmy

The only person working. On your birthday? Balls man. That sucks. Happy birthday!

I use it to get the water up to boil as possible.

That's what I figured I was just giving you a hard time/reminding you incase you've had one too many and decided DMS was a desirable flavor.

I know that's a beer I brewed, but God damn the head on that thing is ridiculous. Enjoy it, dude!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that beer so much, I sip the ****ing thing!

I know that's a beer I brewed, but God damn the head on that thing is ridiculous. Enjoy it, dude!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that beer so much, I sip the ****ing thing!

that mighta been the GF's fault haha she carried it in her purse on the way over, it starting to spew when i popped it, doesnt hurt the flavor tho!

I'm pretty sure I was buzzed or drunk when I crafted that beer. Turned out to be the most awesome beer I've brewed, though.

I'm buzzed as **** now, too, and this porter still has 35 min on the burner! :ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban::ban:

that mighta been the GF's fault haha she carried it in her purse on the way over, it starting to spew when i popped it, doesnt hurt the flavor tho!

Take it from me, since I've had at least 40 of the Sculpins...the head will look like that even with a careful pour. It's creamy as hell. :rockin::rockin:

Take it from me, since I've had at least 40 of the Sculpins...the head will look like that even with a careful pour. It's creamy as hell. :rockin::rockin:

haha it did stick around for awhile, it took me 5 minutes to get the whole bottle in there

She must have definitely shaken it. But it's ok. Gentle pour, and that lingers around during the entire drink. Ask Channel66.

I'm gonna miss that beer. I have 3-4 left.

She must have definitely shaken it. But it's ok. Gentle pour, and that lingers around during the entire drink. Ask Channel66.

I'm gonna miss that beer. I have 3-4 left.

i was trying to save that one as long as possible but decided i didnt want the hops to fade so i had to smash it :rockin:

Man, Ithaca Flower Power smells EXACTLY like a damn bag of hops! It's nuts!

I'm going to the town lake after this one. Boom!!!

image-3413770944.jpg

Sorry for the delay! Had to change glasses a d charge my phone! Listening to music and browsing HBT kills my battery! Wort is chilling and buZZ Is growing. Almost done.

image-1187871081.jpg

image-789019892.jpg

Back