Help setting up Beertools Pro

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beertk

Reaction score
I just got Beertools pro and I am a little lost in setting up the vessel and the heat source. I am sure that I haven't figured out that there are many more thing that I am clueless of. So,the questions is... Is there a database of common setups that I can use to derive the figures to setup my "Common" style cooler and keggle setup. I have been searching around and have yet to find it. If anyone has any words of advise let me know.

And... don't tell me I should have gotten another program as that is not to helpful at this point in time. :)

Thanks

It's nice to be able to use someone else's numbers but I wouldn't trust them. It shouldn't take too much effort to calibrate and it will probably lend itself to a more "hands on" understanding of how your stuff works. Just my 2 cents.

One thing you'll want to be careful of is assuming what a field is really asking for or telling you. One that just bit me after many uses is the "final temp" on the separation (sparge) function. Here I thought it was the equilized temp of the grist in the MLT after the infusion but it's really the final temp of the runoff in your collection vessel. That's also a useful number, but not as important to me. It accounts for the heat parameters of the collection vessel so the number is going to be lower than the grist temp. There are tricks and workarounds for just about everything you'd want to do but I was hoping it was more intuitively indicated within the program.

Thanks for the good advise!!! I will keep all that in mind. Also, Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Back