Think I screwed up on a love control

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah.. screwed if you don't want to do 220, but why not? You can always get 220, it just a matter of running it to the controller. I suspicion you will be able to use the contacter to switch 110V without a problem, so the device you are controlling could be 110V. Like many of the controllers that are 110 that can use the contacters for 220V. If it's rated at 110 and you use 220 you are in trouble, if it's rated at 220 and you use 110V, you're fine for a contacter. Like a bridge rated at 10 tons, 5 is fine but the reverse isn't OK.

Edit: That's a bunch for a controller. You can get a PID 110V Controller for $37.99

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200402591755

"230v required" is rather specific. Maybe you can exchange it for a 110v model? You might have to pay a restocking fee, but that's better than losing the whole amount.

Ed the Love TS2-020 is a single supply voltage model only requiring 240V AC.

ClaudiusB

Thanks everyone. I figured that I screwed up with my ordering but figured I'd double check. I'm probably going to see if they will take an exchange for the proper 110v model or just put it in the classified section at a discount for someone who could use it with a electric brewing system.

Latest posts

Back