American cream ale question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbell21

Reaction score
My cream ale is now bottled and have been carbing up for about a week, I threw one in the fridge this morning to try it out and it closely resembles a shock top belgian white beer I tried. Is this what it's suppose to taste like? I was imagining more of a cream flavor I suppose. I know it still has another week in bottles to clean up but it also looked rather dark for this brew. The color also resembles a belgian white as well now that I think of it. All inputs will help. Thanks.

This is what it looks like

image.jpg

Yep, it sure looks like Weissbier, the Bavarian White. The Belgian White is really lite in color, almost white.

I have cream ale that we have just started to enjoy after 5 weeks in the bottle. My wife thinks that it tastes a lot like Stella. I think it is a bit more sweet than Stella, and not near as clean tasting (Stella is lager).

This cream ale is not quite bitter enough to offset the sweet, but is pretty close. And the malt flavor is a tad low on the finish. Technically, it is too full bodied, but that's OK with me.

Cream Ale is supposed to be very neutral. http://www.winning-homebrew.com/Cream-Ale.html

That beer you made looks like a winner.

Latest posts

Back