da chicago burrs!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthSide

Reaction score
finally, my 1st year centennials are producing burrs, about 15-20 so far. i'm hoping for an extended summer here in chicago so i can possibly get enough for a batch of harvest homebrew.
anyone else experiencing late bloom?

I picked my first round of cascade yesterday, but the nugget is really lagging.

i probably should've gone with cascade because people seem to have a lot of success with them even the first year, but i'm still hoping the centennials give me something.
how far along are your nugget?

I've already harvested one of my first year centennials, and none of my first year Cascades are ready yet. It's hard to say what any first year plant will do. It's been a really crappy year for my garden, but that doesn't seem to be stopping the hops from flowering, they just aren't as big as they should be.

i probably should've gone with cascade because people seem to have a lot of success with them even the first year, but i'm still hoping the centennials give me something.
how far along are your nugget?
The burrs are just starting to form cones. Everything is lagging this year. Last year, I didn't know what to do with all the tomatoes. There are hardly any this year.

Cascade does great. I filled a 5 gallon bucket, which dried to 1 lb and I left a lot of younger cones on the bine.

Back