Moonshine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishermand715

Reaction score
Hi all, My buddy has made some moonshine like he makes beer (sugar, yeast and water and he let it ferment in a ale pail). I was wondering is this safe to drink or is this gonna get my buddy jailed lol.

P.S. i understand that if their were chemicals added by accident it could be bad but i helped him make it so i know what went in which was sugar water and yeast.

thanks

Well aside from the methanol and other stuff if he didn't know what he was doing that will cause blindness or death if he distilled it, I can so no good coming from yet another hooch thread. Sugar and water and yeast won't hurt you if he didn't distill it. It'll just taste bad and cause hangovers. This kind of hooch gives moonshine a bad name. Good moonshine is actually a great drink!

There are better forums to address these questions. Homebrewtalk is not one of the forums that would work for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back