You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you know you hate pumpkin beers, but keep thinking about mashing in with these leftover pumpkins on the door step.

When you make the decision to not listen to music/podcasts while working from home because your saison is bubbling away right next to you.

Cherish these moments, they only last for a few days

Yeah, I think the Trappist monks probably had 365 holidays a year... minus 52 days of rest.

Considering the fact that they got something ridiculous like 3 gallons of beer per day, I think EVERY day was a holiday for them...

You remember why you rarely have guest. As soon as I opened the fridge, seeing what food I have buying most things fresh and keeping little around, the first freaking thing I tend to hear is "And it´s mostly alcohol". No. No, it´s not even half. Yes I do store some beer in the fridge, but most of what you see are yeast cultures, thank you very much. I could make bread out of those too!

Plus you think this is a lot? One of those jars is around 40 times its volume in actual beer!!!
Then again I never raise that point for some reason.

When you are filling out what meds you take at the Dr.s office and ibuprofen 200 ibu is all you think of. I'm not sure why I couldn't think of mg.

You have 6 weeks to drink your pipeline before the move. You fall 4 gallons short.

You're a real homebrewer when you are not willing to sacrifice your pipeline just for a move. Had my buddies haul 4 full fermentors and 2 full kegs down a fflight of stairs and up another. I still dont know how they were able to move my kegerator with 2 partially full kegs without removing them. I just told them they could kill both kegs as a reward

You're a real homebrewer when you are not willing to sacrifice your pipeline just for a move. Had my buddies haul 4 full fermentors and 2 full kegs down a fflight of stairs and up another. I still dont know how they were able to move my kegerator with 2 partially full kegs without removing them. I just told them they could kill both kegs as a reward

That was all the motivation they needed! :rockin:

I'm moving about 1000 miles. Anything that doesn't have to be moved isn't being moved.

I killed off almost all of the beer. I'm taking about 1.5 gallons because it's in 1L swing tops (I don't want to loose the bottles. I'm giving away 24 x 12oz bottles of beer. That's not a huge loss.

Everything else is still mead.

And then there were the 100ish empties that went to the glass recycler this morning and the bottle tree that is going to the landfill tomorrow.

And the bonus is I have my wife's permission to start kegging when I rebuild my system.

I'm moving about 1000 miles. Anything that doesn't have to be moved isn't being moved.

I killed off almost all of the beer. I'm taking about 1.5 gallons because it's in 1L swing tops (I don't want to loose the bottles. I'm giving away 24 x 12oz bottles of beer. That's not a huge loss.

Everything else is still mead.

And then there were the 100ish empties that went to the glass recycler this morning and the bottle tree that is going to the landfill tomorrow.

And the bonus is I have my wife's permission to start kegging when I rebuild my system.

The last sentence is why you're perfectly okay with all of this lol

Somebody visits your apartment. Has a look in the fridge asking what you have for food and then they say "it´s mostly alcohol". No, half of that is yeast cultures. And yes, I don´t like to store, and thus usually waste, a lot of food and therefore only buy what I need at the time, save for staples like rice which don´t go bad.

Still, that look it got...

Well, then I made creamy scrambled eggs with tomato, red onion, fresh chives, tellicherry pepper, and pink Himalayan salt on homemade sesame buns within 10min and that person shut up. xD

I bought a grinder full of that pink salt. Gotta try it in something. Still gotta go through my grain bin & order what I need. The gruits should be coming in today for the mumme'.

You buy a chalkboard off Amazon so you can write out the beers you have bottled to hang in the kitchen so when friends/family come over they can see and read what is available... Name, style, ABV and IBU.

You bring your own yeast to a bar and ask for a tall glass of ice water.

yeast.jpg

... you're watching a movie and see a 1960s refrigerator and think; what a great kegerator that would make with 3 taps sticking out the front!

...when you wake up in the middle of the night because you have a recipe idea, so you start heating up your strike water at 3am

You make your first starter on the stir plate you made. And stand there watching the little vortex while drinking a beer you made. But it gets better....your wife asks what you're doing and she actually listens to you while you explain the whole thing - how you made the stir plate, why you made it, and how it will make beer better.

She listens, asks questions, and digs it!

You make your first starter on the stir plate you made. And stand there watching the little vortex while drinking a beer you made. But it gets better....your wife asks what you're doing and she actually listens to you while you explain the whole thing - how you made the stir plate, why you made it, and how it will make beer better.

She listens, asks questions, and digs it!

Your post made me smile.

DAMN YOU MURPHY'S LAW!!!!!

;)

You remember why you rarely have guest. As soon as I opened the fridge, seeing what food I have buying most things fresh and keeping little around, the first freaking thing I tend to hear is "And it´s mostly alcohol". No. No, it´s not even half. Yes I do store some beer in the fridge, but most of what you see are yeast cultures, thank you very much. I could make bread out of those too!

Plus you think this is a lot? One of those jars is around 40 times its volume in actual beer!!!
Then again I never raise that point for some reason.

Somebody visits your apartment. Has a look in the fridge asking what you have for food and then they say "it´s mostly alcohol". No, half of that is yeast cultures. And yes, I don´t like to store, and thus usually waste, a lot of food and therefore only buy what I need at the time, save for staples like rice which don´t go bad.

Still, that look it got...

Well, then I made creamy scrambled eggs with tomato, red onion, fresh chives, tellicherry pepper, and pink Himalayan salt on homemade sesame buns within 10min and that person shut up. xD

Did you have a few before the second iteration of the same post? ;)

I get the same reactions. Some people think my fridge is glorious. Others think there is something very wrong with me. I just need another fridge to hide my obsession

...when you actually begin to hope your hydrometer breaks so you can go to the LHBS. And buy a new one. And probably a bunch of other stuff.

SWMBOs can't go to Target and get just one thing, we can't go to the LHBS and get just one thing.

Latest posts

Back