You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When your mate says " Stuff it lets go fishin", and you say "sorry mate got a brew day today".:tank:

Norto.

When you listen to a podcast talking about cool ship's with major breweries. All you can think is why not try using a claw foot bath tub for giggles and messing with the customers.

when you seriously think about getting a claw foot bath tub for big open ferments and so when people ask if you brew in a bath tub you can say, "Yes. Yes I do."

You've stuck a yeast smack pack down the front of your pants so you can warm it up and keep both hands free for brewing.

Ive done something similar when needing to get my yeast vials warmed up for the starter. Just sat down on all 3 vials while i watched tv.

Ive done something similar when needing to get my yeast vials warmed up for the starter. Just sat down on all 3 vials while i watched tv.

Someone has to say it...

TMI.

Pretty impressed though... I would think that one would be the max for most.

:drunk:

Edit: aaand I just read your sig...

:goat:

Now to get back on topic...

When you see a garage sale you drive by looking for another carboy. You know you already have 6 that are full of sours and brett beers, but another one would be good.

( Damn you Oldsock)

I rubberneck hard when I see a garage sale for that exact reason. Well, except all the ruined beer part.

Someone has to say it...

TMI.

Pretty impressed though... I would think that one would be the max for most.

:drunk:

Edit: aaand I just read your sig...

:goat:

Hahaha maybe a bit too much.

They were for a lager and the vials were pretty old .

I place mine on the side of my bucket...

You know you're a homrbrewer when you open up your ferm chamber in the mornong and say in a sing songy voice goooood morning yeasties i see you are all awake now.

I know I'm a homebrewer because it made my whole week when I found out that the third keg I recently bought JUST fits in my kegerator with the other 2.

Everyone's like, oh you're in a good mood. Yeah right I am!

I know I'm a homebrewer because it made my whole week when I found out that the third keg I recently bought JUST fits in my kegerator with the other 2.

Everyone's like, oh you're in a good mood. Yeah right I am!

3 kegs is definitely better than 2!

You might want to think about making a plywood/stronger shelf!? Not sure I would trust the glass when moving and banging three full kegs around.

:mug:

3 kegs is definitely better than 2!

You might want to think about making a plywood/stronger shelf!? Not sure I would trust the glass when moving and banging three full kegs around.

:mug:

You're right, the glass isn't up to the job for 3 full kegs so I'm going to do just that. Thanks!!!

Sent from hell
using Home Brew

I never have, but wouldn't mind serving on a jury at least once in my life

Loudoun County keeps sending me notices to serve, but then the day before say they don't need my group

I sat there in the jury assembly room till near 11AM today, since about 7:50AM. Then the judge, bailiff, & another guy walk in & tell us new evidence came up & they'd be dismissing us to review it a couple days. Another hurry up & wait situation. Not all trials are criminal, exciting, whatever. They can be pretty dull drama-wise. But a necessary part of the system. So it's back to brew related stuff...for now...

You know you're a homebrewer when you're looking at buying a house but start eliminating houses because there's no room that can be dedicated to brewing.....

Sadly, I'm still going to be stuck in the garage.... until I build a shed in the backyard! Think my wife will mind?

I sat there in the jury assembly room till near 11AM today, since about 7:50AM. Then the judge, bailiff, & another guy walk in & tell us new evidence came up & they'd be dismissing us to review it a couple days. Another hurry up & wait situation. Not all trials are criminal, exciting, whatever. They can be pretty dull drama-wise. But a necessary part of the system. So it's back to brew related stuff...for now...

I sat on a jury through a wrongful death suit once 20 or 25 years ago; two cops shot an (apparently) mentally unstable immigrant. I think the take home message for me was how unprofessional the attorneys and expert witnesses all came across.

Oh, man, tell me about it. It's been some 35 years or so since I last served. But the lawyers I've seen have asked what I considered some dumb questions. This one was interesting. All I can say is the company in question did fine by me. And next time I'll park right by the door. didn't drive down the street far enough between the old courthouse in pics of Elyria & the new one on the other side. I hobbled so far, I almost thought I couldn't make it.

When you make a starter and find yourself whistling the intro to Edvard Grieg's "Morning Mood" to your yeast as you place them on the stir plate.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzTQ9fjforY[/ame]

Maybe. But until you read the script or story, you never know for sure what it was intended to represent. Since i started writing books, I can see where that kinda thing happens.

Maybe. But until you read the script or story, you never know for sure what it was intended to represent. Since i started writing books, I can see where that kinda thing happens.

I highly doubt the script said 'pan to Vin D. menacingly doing pull ups next to an advanced pressurizing system. It consists of two pressure vessels that are mounted sideways and are used for injecting nitrous straight into his arm.'

I'm thinking more along the lines of 'car go fast, tough guy is tough, car race, bang girl, another fast car race really fast, splosions. The end.'

Lol. Likely anyway. Just that being a writer, I know books, stories,etc have more details than a movie portrays. Cool stuff, money, cool cars, wreck cars in big explosive cool guy-type ways, get girl, bang girl, get in trouble again, the end.

I highly doubt the script said 'pan to Vin D. menacingly doing pull ups next to an advanced pressurizing system. It consists of two pressure vessels that are mounted sideways and are used for injecting nitrous straight into his arm.'

I'm thinking more along the lines of 'car go fast, tough guy is tough, car race, bang girl, another fast car race really fast, splosions. The end.'

You forgot to include strategically placed shiny objects that look expensive.

Back