You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The awkward fridge visitor moments can be alleviated by keeping one of these in the garage:

2co3bjb.jpg

when you realize you just learned something new with a foopah with the latest batch. Just when you think you got it figured out, the beer Gods decide it's time to humble you again...

Foopah?

Faux pas?

Fupa?

I think you meant fupa..

The urban dictionary defines foopah as.
The really discusting stomach-type thing you see fat people have that cover's they're whole entire groin area. Often referred to as front butt or front vagina. May also be referred to as Foop.

I think our self proclaimed author of brewing books meant Faux pas. But then again we never know what goes on in his mind. Maybe it was fupa...

That is awesome... Mine was at my Mormon parents property...

And you parents have not disowned you for home brewing?

I had 2 Mormon missionaries stop by mid brew once. The guy born and raised wanted to leave like I was the plague, the other guy wanted to stay and learn. I am probably a jerk but it was the most interesting 30min I had in a very long time.

When you see chest-freezers/refrigerators for sale in Lowes/Home Depot and your first thought is "I wonder how many kegs I can fit in this"

most-likely already mentioned but I'm not doing to scroll through 568 pages to check :)

There's a chart somewhere on HBT that maps out how many kegs or carboys fit into various freezer models.

The urban dictionary defines foopah as.

I think our self proclaimed author of brewing books meant Faux pas. But then again we never know what goes on in his mind. Maybe it was fupa...

Yeah, I meant faux pas. Forgot how to spell it atm. A small slip up where I should known better sooner. I had my mind on trying to remember the sections of a couple books that disappeared & wasn't focusing on the IIPA so much. I just write about my experiences, both good, bad & indifferent along with history & such for the masses to enjoy. I know I'm not a self-proclaimed expert or anything. But I do have my moments...also good & bad. It seems Father Time will not be denied?

I had 2 Mormon missionaries stop by mid brew once. The guy born and raised wanted to leave like I was the plague, the other guy wanted to stay and learn. I am probably a jerk but it was the most interesting 30min I had in a very long time.

My parents told me this: "We may not always agree with what you do, but we will always support you"

Needless to say they have put up with a lot of crap from me in the 14 years I stopped practicing the religion.

OK way :off: but still funny!

Many years ago, a lifetime it seems, when I was in my early 20's and living a less than moral existence, out in the country, by myself, a Jehovah woman took it upon herself, to try her damndest to save and convert me. She would stop in about once a week and leave her little flyers and try to talk me into her line of thinking. Having been raised by good Christian parents, I was very polite at first, but always made it known that I was not interested in anything she was selling.

Finally, one afternoon I had had enough and told her to please leave me alone and not come back to my house ever again.

The very next day, fairly late in the morning, I was in the shower when a knock came from my front door. I jumped out of the shower, soaking wet and buck a$$ naked, and looked out the window to see the very same woman walking from her car to my front door. Well, my Irish temper got the best of me and I flew to the door and flung it wide open, only to find her 19 year old daughter standing there.......

I never saw either of them again and I might have converted for the daughter.

I jumped out of the shower, soaking wet and buck a$$ naked, and looked out the window to see the very same woman walking from her car to my front door. Well, my Irish temper got the best of me and I flew to the door and flung it wide open
Not Irish... used to do this intentionally to the Baptist, Jehovas, whatever.

I worked bars at the time and got home between 3-4 AM. Anyone darkened my door before 10 AM and woke my dogs got the same treatment...except delivery folks.

Discouraged the Baptists...not the others.

When you discover that a slight programming error with your stc chilled your batch to 13c (55f), but are cool enough with it to not panic.

When the HVAC guy is doing regular maintenance on your unit (giggity) and turns on the emergency heat to test it, and your first thought is "sunovabitch it's hot in here, I thought for sure I could get away with fermenting without a fermentation chamber"

When you stalk craigslist regularly for chest freezers and find a nice 7.whatever cubic foot one that just fits the 4 kegs. And you rejoice, show your lady, and she is just as excited.

When the computer looses a good bit of your latest book files, & you start again, nearly from scratch. Then the word processor starts randomly tossing in blank pages. But you re-write it yet another time. I'm getting pretty good at this...

When the computer looses a good bit of your latest book files, & you start again, nearly from scratch. Then the word processor starts randomly tossing in blank pages. But you re-write it yet another time. I'm getting pretty good at this...
*checks thread title*

Dang, there's a writing requirement to be a homebrewer?

*Checks HBT rules again* You at least have to be literate & not cuss all the time or troll. Other than that...well, it is another book about home brewing, history, recipes, etc. So I supposed it counted?

I'd hate to be your editor.

Tip: if you have a normally active internet connection, put your working file (and this work directory) in Dropbox. Revise your filename each time you work on your book (I.e. bestHomeBrauin-book-evar-11_18_15-1816)

Lost productivity? None.

I might still have dropbox. Have to take a look...or start using the external hard drive more often. Open office can be frustrating sometimes...

I might still have dropbox. Have to take a look...or start using the external hard drive more often. Open office can be frustrating sometimes...

I understand the "books aren't written, they're rewritten" struggle... From my 9-5 (8-6?) Spending 4 days on 10 slides... But if you get your house in order, you'll save yourself some trouble.

Yeah, I have a shortcut on my desktop, with the actual files for recipes, settings & the like in my documents. I just hot a glitch last time. The darn thing was still saving to my documents in " windows.old.xxx". So when I dumped some 246MB of old stuff, it got rid of most of two books. I've since fixed the problem with file re-associations. I guess it's a good thing though, As I'd painted myself into a corner with the second Time Lords 2034 installment. So me & Pete Kroeger have some more time to figure things out! My second home brewing book has better structure now as well. Just gonna come out later...:mug:

are you writing another homebrewing book? or what's the connection to homebrewing?

another of mine would be: when you invite your new neighbor up for a pint from your kegerator, find out hes a cop, and panic since there is more than enough beer in plain site to incriminate you

are you writing another homebrewing book? or what's the connection to homebrewing?

another of mine would be: when you invite your new neighbor up for a pint from your kegerator, find out hes a cop, and panic since there is more than enough beer in plain site to incriminate you
Eh, he'd have to be familiar enough with homebrew laws to know about the 200 gallon limit. Not something they deal with on a regular basis, so not going to be at the front of his mind.

You have over 100 gallons sitting in plain sight???? I want to go to there.

Latest posts

Back