Kenmore keezer lid hinge removal Q

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teaman

Reaction score
Just picked up my 8.8 cf Kenmore freezer. Haven't removed the lid yet and I'm wondering if anyone with the Kenmore freezer conversion knows any tricks (if any are needed) when taking hinges off and removing the lid. I am concerned about them snapping over and not being able to open them by hand to secure them again. I see a hole in the side but it won't take a nail in any postition.

Thanks for any suggestions

Every chest freezer I've looked at has a lock hole. It is a hole that, when the hinge is in the closed position, is open all the way through the hinge assembly. Push a nail through the hole and slap a piece of tape on it so it stays. After that you can disassemble the hinge without fear.

Yep. Got it. I saw the hole but couldn't get the nail to go. Pushed a bit harder and got it. But.... when I took the hinge off it snapped open anyway. I was surprised and then saw that it bent the nail. No big deal. Turns out it is easy to close by hand.
Thanks for the help. I thought that was how it went.

Latest posts

Back