looking for extract recipe for today - limited cuz of hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockout

Reaction score
So I have an opportunity to brew today, and haven't brewed in a few months (busy schedule, don't ask) - so I'm going up to the ol' homebrew supply store. Problem is, of course, like everywhere else they have very few hops.

They have challenger, phoenix, and galena. In my fridge I also have 1 oz. of each of the following: amarillo, kent goldings, centennial, and columbus.

Can anyone suggest a good summer beer recipe using those hops?

Thanks all.

Yeah, problem is, I have only 1 oz. of Amarillo and it looks like all those recipes call for more than that.

I say find an APA recipe that is well reviewed and then do the hops like this.

1 oz of Columbus at the beginning of a 60 min boil (what's the AA on yours?)
maybe 1 oz of centennial with 15 minutes left
and the amarillo with 5...

I would, but I'm still kind of a n00b.... I don't know what amounts of extract to start with, I've only been doing this for a year, and only off of kits and recipes so far.

aight...i'm on lunch...i'll see if i can throw something together. i don't use those citrusy hops very often, but i can try to get your started for others to critique...brb...

And of course, I want you to do something different :p

How about this for a cream ale (sorta)? It's kind of a Partial Mash recipe, but you just have to steep the grains and maize together at about 150*F for 30 minutes or so in a gallon of water and you will get some conversion

6 lbs Light Dry Malt Extract (or 7 lbs Light LME)
1 lbs 2-Row
1 lbs Flaked Maize
½ lbs Munich Malt

1 oz Centennial for 60 minutes
1 oz Amarillo for 20 minutes

WLP080 Cream Ale Blend @ 60-65F
(if you can't get that yeast or maintain that temp, use the California Ale Yeast or Nottingham)

Back