What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last Spruce PA

ForumRunner_20130120_010517.jpg

New brew so I had to take a picture. Courtesy of allenH. At 9.1% this is probably going to knock me out. The oak character is really nice in this and compliments the big hop aroma and flavor. I've been really digging hoppy reds lately. I really wish it was a recognized style (American red or some such) so I wouldn't have to enter KRA as a specialty ale in an upcoming comp. Anyway, this beer is really great so get your hands on it if you can.

20130120_062800.jpg

Drinkin my last two SA winter lagers. This dark wheat bock is pretty good. Dale's is next. Warms the blood on a cold,blustery day.

Hey nordeast,where ya been? Haven't seen or heard from ya lately. That pile of bacon & eggs would be great with some buiscuts & this wheat bock.

Aecht Schlenkerla Rauchbier Märzen, from Bamberg. Much nicer than what I expected having had a few rauchbiers before!

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Black coffee with a pile of bacon and eggs. Trying to decide if my cold's diminished enough to be able to enjoy a beer or four....

That sucks. That's the problem I've been having. I've had one beer in a week and a half. I just can't shake this crud I have. A few days ago I said just screw it and drank a Lucky Bastard, but since then I can't even think about trying to drink a beer. I never feel like drinking when I'm sick and it's too precious to waste if I'm not going to fully enjoy it.
I hope your back to drinking condition soon! :)

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Black coffee with a pile of bacon and eggs. Trying to decide if my cold's diminished enough to be able to enjoy a beer or four....

I was wondering where you'd been. Man this has been a bad year for sickness. I hardly ever get it, and I got hammered for at least a good week. Sounds like we've all had it.

Yeah, I usually go a year or two in between getting sick, but this year's been bad. Second time in three months. This one isn't so bad, just a balloon head that one of the kids brought home from school, but I can't smell or taste at all, so beer's kinda pointless.

Founders Breakfast Stout! I think I've fallen in love with coffee stouts. I'm new to home brewing with only 3 batches under my belt ( counting the one I'm bottling today. Does anyone know of a partial grain kit for a decent coffee stout?

Founders Breakfast Stout! I think I've fallen in love with coffee stouts. I'm new to home brewing with only 3 batches under my belt ( counting the one I'm bottling today. Does anyone know of a partial grain kit for a decent coffee stout?

Midwest Supplies' Peace Coffee Java Stout will make you a very nice coffee stout. The coffee that comes with it is from (IMO) the best bean roaster in Mpls, and Midwest kits are always good.

Stauff's all Citra IPA. The Citra character isn't in-your-face, but it definitely lets you know it's there. I love Citra's soft fruitiness and bittering is incredibly smooth. The malt character is also very nice. Not too dry but defers to the hops' status as the highlight of this beer. Very nice, Stauff!

20130120_144500.jpg

NordeastBrewer77 said:
I've pretty much felt fine, my head is just stuffed, so I can't smell/taste. That's been the killer, I want beer, but I don't want to waste beer. Luckily this one tastes good so it's on like Donkey Kong.

I'm with you I just got over that sinus head cold thing it was BAD !! Glad your feeling better drink on !

nukebrewer said:
Another good one from allenH. Wish I had me some Terrapin close by. *sigh* Oh well, at least I have Heady closer to me than most people. :)

Glad you like it. Terrapin makes some really good beers. According to reviews, Hopsecutioner has been a little hit or miss lately (freshness issues, I'm thinking lazy vendors) but I've had good luck with it.
You need to crack that Wake-n-bake or the Humidor series.

My Leffe clone!! It's definitely getting better, as it's only been 3 weeks in the bottle. Gonna have to get a six-pack of the real stuff and do a comparison soon.

image-4138112480.jpg

Back