Quik Ques?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude.....Welcome to the forum....and really, Look about. It makes everyone have gas if you are not accustomed to it.
Also, Poor technique will lead to consumption of too much yeast that will cause explosive results.

Dude, you just asked about farts and told us to be serious. I have never farted in my life and I don't plan on it anytime soon.

Mobilian, next thread, it's best to use a subject line that gives us readers a hint at the question.

Farts are the release of gas. The gas can be swallowed air, or can be produced within the intestinal tract. Mostly produced by the action of organisms on what is otherwise indigestible. Beans are bad because the contain an enzyme inhibitor that prevent your body from absorbing some of their carbs. Raw peanuts are also loaded with that inhibitor, it keeps the starches in storage until things get 'malted'. But further down the tract, 'germs' do breakdown those carbs, making gas as a byproduct. Beer farts are probably caused by those hard-to-ferment dextrins that the yeast can't eat, then the dextrins get down to where other germs live. The richer, fuller bodies beers probably would make more gas. I don't think it's the yeast, yeast is ubiquitous already. It's got to be 'yeast food' that gives off gas.

Your appendix is used to hold a 'culture' of the various germs needed for you to make full use of your food. Seems B-12 is one item only made by germs. So farts are an indication of good overall intestinal health. Try that excuse on you girlfriend. ;)

Oh, on average, we all fart 14 times a day. Even Sarah Palin. Benjamin Franklin wrote the definitive book on it.

I don't fart more with homerew but I have noticed that my dog does.

Back