Quick Beer Line Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhdfj2

Reaction score
I just kegged a batch of beer the other day and realized that I didn't attach my beer line to the keg. My question is do I need to take the line off and sanitize it again or should it be alright to just hook it up and start pouring? Everything was completely sanitized when I kegged the beer last week. Thanks.

I just kegged a batch of beer the other day and realized that I didn't attach my beer line to the keg. My question is do I need to take the line off and sanitize it again or should it be alright to just hook it up and start pouring? Everything was completely sanitized when I kegged the beer last week. Thanks.

I would just spray some sanitizer in the exposed end of the liquid connector. I keep a spray bottle of star-san in the kegerator for that very purpose. The popit in the liquid connector will have kept the line itself from being exposed to anything nasty.

I'm fairly new to brewing but my understanding is that the answer to "should I sanitize X" is typically "Yes". I think of all of that in a better safe than sorry way. To clean and sanitize lines, I have a kit (bottle with a pump built in). There's cheaper equipment, but it is fairly easy to use. With my lines going from my basement to my kitchen, they are NOT coming out for cleaning

Back