Is 4.5cu ft big enough for 2 kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's really no way to tell if it's going to fit two kegs unless you have the interior dimensions. You can find the dimensions of corny kegs from this page on wortomatic.com. Often the freezer compartment or the door shelving can also get in the way of corny kegs in those smaller fridges. It's probably in your best interest to take a tape measure to a display model in the store to verify.

My guess is no, and maybe if you do a little nip and tuck on the door and the freezer compartment. Better choices out there. Lately I have been keen on the idea of using about a 10 cf single door apartment fridge, about the same footprint, but you could just use shanks through the door rather than a tower. Sometimes you can get them used for a song.

If you bend the freezer up just slightly you can fit a 5 gallon keg, a 3 gallon keg, and a 5lb CO2. If you want two full size kegs it isn't big enough without taking the plastic off of the door (really easy to do) and bending the freezer compartment down(hard to do). I cracked my coolant line trying to bend the freezer and made this:https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/rr...op-worrying-about-my-cut-coolant-line-124701/

If I could do it over again I would have just made a box out of foam and attached it to the front of the refrigerator. Do a search for "cold box" for a few more examples of what I am talking about.

I just got this exact model delivered today from Walmart, and immediately got to work. I hopefully can post in more detail later, but the important points are:

* Without modification, the temp controller and freezer prevented me from fitting my keg in the refrigerator (with disconnects attached).
* The coolant line seems to be different than the one described in the other thread. This one comes in from the little elevated part of the floor, on the back right, and threads all the way up the back of the refrigerator. This means that, even with bending, the freezer compartment is not flush against the back of the fridge. I was able to bend the line very gently+slowly, and get the freezer so that is about 4-6 inches from being flush with the back wall. I'm going to work on this a little bit tomorrow, but don't want to tempt fate by trying to clear more room and having the line break.
* The plastic part of the door was much harder to get off than advertised. Instead of having screws around the outside, there are these little white pins all over the door. The insulation foam is basically in the shape of a mold made from the plastic piece. In other words, the plastic is bolted to the foam all over the place, and unless you can figure out a way to take out the screws, all you can do is go crazy with a knife and start tearing the plastic off of there (starting from the edges). You will probably take some foam with the plastic, but that's not too big of a deal. When I was done getting the plastic off, I took a bread knife and sawed off the remaining parts of the foam which weren't even with the door.

I can fit now fit my 5gal keg and 5# CO2 tank, but unless there's something I'm missing, there's no way to clear up enough of the space taken by the freezer compartment to fit 2 kegs and a CO2 tank. You could definitely fit 2 kegs and hook up the CO2 from outside the fridge.

Back