PVC tubing??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAlexander

Reaction score
Im setting up my new kegerator and Im putting togather my parts list. I have an account with McMaster and prefer to purchase my basic parts through them when I can. But Im confused as to which PVC tubing is the type for the beer line application. I was wondering if any of you gents know which tubing type would be best! Essentially my beer line will be a 3/16 ID but I have no clue what the wall thickness should be, if it even matters.

Thank You for any response.

mcmaster isnt a beverage equipment supplier, nor do they sell beer line (to my knowledge). find a company that actually sells the products you are looking for.

McMaster certainly sells FDA approved beverage tubing, and I think a few people (I know Yooper's one of them) have tubing from McMaster on their systems. So I'd look for anything FDA approved, I think you can sort on their website to only look at beverage tubing. I don't think wall thickness matters too much for beverage tubing. You could do something like this if you want 1/8" wall thickness, or you could definitely do 1/16" thickness no problem:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#5231K953

But: I'll say that you might not save any money buying everything on McMaster vs. a full kit from KegConnection or some place similar, and I highly recommend barrier tubing (Bev Seal Accuflex) which isn't available there. If you're set on McMaster, get everything you can there (gas tubing, regulators, valves, etc.). You'll still need keg couplers or QDs, faucets, etc. so you'll need to go to a LHBS or place an order from a kegging supply company, you can just grab the bev. tubing there if you want the good stuff.

Back