FG calculation help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulasaurus

Reaction score
Wondering if I can get a little help with FG calculation. I can't find a online calculator program that has Munich LME as an option. Recipe below. Thanks for the help. Been 12 days in primary at 52-56 degrees and want to get an idea of how close I am and wether or not i'll need a diacetyl rest and when to start it once I get a taste of said sample. Thanks for the help

5.5 gallon batch.
SG: 1.070

Steeping grains
CaraMunich 1 .5lb
Crystal 60L .5lb

Extract
6lbs Munich LME
3lbs Pilsner light LME

Hops
1oz Northern Brewer
1oz Hallertau
1oz Saaz

Yeast
Saflager 34/70

Beersmith converts Munich Malt (Grain) to Pale liquid extract. Maybe the same thing but different name?

So...

I plugged in PLE instead of the munich and got...

FG 1.017 give or take....that help?

You bet it does. Great info, exactly what I needed. Thanks for the help.
:mug:

Beersmith needs to come out with a Mac version already.

The only way to really know is a fast ferment test.
http://braukaiser.com/wiki/index.php?title=Fast_Ferment_Test

Yeah....I thought calculated FGs were complete guesswork? Calculated OGs, yes....but how does it come up with FGs? With so many variables like how the extract was mashed, or how the mash was mashed, (depending on which way you swing), fermentation conditions, and most importantly the fact that any yeast has a decently large attenuation range....isn't it rather like casting runes?

Latest posts

Back