Hello from Eugene

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubdub

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm Remington from Eugene OR and am new to the whole homebrewing thing, just started my first batch, although it is a little experimental in nature from what I've read as it's a Yarroweizen, but I'm not new to forums and online communities coming from the VW scene so I figured I'd get a sn and try to contribute what I can and find what I need. Anyways hello from hippie valley Oregon

Welcome to HBT and the obsession of homebrewing. You're in a great brewing area down there and Ninkasi is one of my favorite brewers.

Looove Ninkasi, they sponsor the keg at every sailing club event down here, that brewery's beer always reminds me of summer thanks to that

I'm a former Vdub guy, love to have another but no room or funds for a toy right now. I had a 62 ragtop project at one time unfortunately was never able to finish it.

Gotta go with ducks on this one although I used to be a huge beaver believer around baseball season but now ducks have baseball, well and competitive cheerleading (still don't think that's a sport)

I first started brewing when I lived in Eugene. The guys at Valley Vinter & Brew (the best LHBS) are really knowledgeable and helpful. They've moved into nicer digs since I was there. Definitely stop by and chat them up.

Their hop selection is sooooo much better than anything up here. Makes sense, since there are hop farms right there in Eugene and all over the Willamette Valley.

You should stop by all the local breweries and see if any of them would be willing to give you some by-product yeast to brew with. I've started doing that with a brewery up here in the Washington and it's pretty amazing stuff.

Back