Single Infusion vs MultiStep Mashing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjeffers09

Reaction score
Title says it all. My grains highly modified, I still do the enzyme work with a multistep mash. My thoughts was putting the enzymes to work regardless of the malting company's work. I would assume just like anything else, the more work you put into it, the better the products. Single infusion is something I have only ever done in a true partial mash when I was using no more than 25% DME to help offset my lack of skillset in water/pH/brewing salt manipulation. While I have herd from the who is who on both sides of the fence. I am now ready to see what kind of opinions I can stir up here, and lets really hammer out the details of why is it important to do a single infusion vs a multi and visa-versa. Ready, get set, talk "sh":mug:

You'll make good beer either way as long as all the other processes (sanitation, yeast health, water chemistry, etc) are under control. a fine tuned perfect step mash won't matter much if the extra time made you rush while pitching and forget to sanitize your O2 stone. There's a good chance that all your extra work won't make as much difference as you expect, but did you enjoy it? If so, go for it! If you want to know a bit more, I'd try and replicate this result.

Latest posts

Back