weird bottling phenomenon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idkid

Reaction score
Today I bottled my Newcastle clone and this is my third "real" beer. After I sanitized everything, including priming sugar, I poured the cooled sugar solution into the bottling bucket. Once I began my siphon a weird sorta fog/smokiness began to come from the bucket. The same thing happened as I actually bottled. The best way to describe it is it kinda looked like the fogginess that comes from a cold beer when you open it up to drink. Some kind of scooby doo fog stuff. Anyone have any idea if this is OK per se? Did I do something wrong? Anyone experience this before?

I would say that it was your beer releasing co2 as it warmed up.

DeathBrewer said:
lol @ scooby doo smoke.

what do you mean you "sanitized your priming sugar"??

He probably soaked it in Iodophor.

j/k. I'm sure he's referring to the boiling step where you boil the sugar in water to sanitize it and help it dissolve.

Toot said:
He probably soaked it in Iodophor.

j/k. I'm sure he's referring to the boiling step where you boil the sugar in water to sanitize it and help it dissolve.

yeah. I had already boiled it in water.

and thanks for the responses...that is very reassuring...and i already had a few homebrews to relax.hahah

Latest posts

Back