Two questions. Sorry, I need some answers quick!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eon

Reaction score
I am bottling my chocolate pumpkin porter today. I just realized that I forgot to put a vanilla bean in secondary. You think some fancy pure vanilla extract in the bottling bucket will have the same effect? How much vanilla extract equals 1 vanilla bean. I have heard a million answers!

Also, how many oz. of Dme and how much water (to make priming solution) do I need to carbonate 1 gallon of beer?

Thanks!

X cups over 1 gallon = 1.25 cups over 5 gallons. High School algebra on ratios. Cross multiply and then divide.

Extract will be very artificial tasting. You'd be better to hold off bottling for a week and just dry bean the batch.

Well, I might just leave out the vanilla then. I need to bottle this today so I have an excuse to crack one open on thanksgiving!

Well, I have a lot of stuff to do today so I just decided to get it over with.

I used 1 ounce of corn sugar in some water (I didn't measure it) and Boiled it for a bit.

I added 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract to the bottling bucket.

For those interested, I keep you updated.

Thanks for the help!

Back