Bottle Rinser for Bottle tree?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thwizzit

Reaction score
I've seen this little gadget on websites and in YouTube videos and it fits on top of a bottle tree and you put the bottle on it a push down and is sprays sanitizer up into the bottle and then you put it on the bottle tree to dry but I thought sanitizer needed to come in contact with the bottle for more than a quick two second spritz. With One Step they say to let it sit in the bottle for like ten minutes.

What kind of sanitizer just needs to touch the bottle for such a short period of time to work?

4818_135x197.jpg

Well, all the no-rinse sanitizers work with the vinator. Remember that the item only has to be wet with the sanitizer, not soaking. Contact times are all from 30 seconds to two minutes at the most, so the bottles stay wet that long at least. I love it- I did 50 wine bottles in less than 10 minutes using one-step. Usually I use star-san with beer bottles, but I had some one-step around and used that.

I use starsan, which I think requires a 30 sec contact time. Just because it requires a 30 second contact time does not mean that you have to keep pumping it for 30 seconds. I just give it a pump or two, and the glass is coated.

Iodophor only needs about 1 minute of contact time. Remember that when the sanitizer is sprayed into the bottle a thin layer remains there as the bottle dries, that's all you need. I have one of those sprayers and it works great

EDIT: I type slow....

Very cool, thanks. I got one of these compact bottle trees that holds 45 bottles (you just need to remove the handle and put on the rinser) and I've been thinking about getting one of the rinsers and since I need to order some bottles I'll add it to the list. Thanks again :)
4810_165x222.jpg

i find that the rinser doesnt fit well on top, so you do need to be careful so you don't knock it over.
otherwise, great cheap thing to have around for helping with cleaning. I thought Iodophor/iodine based cleaners needed rinsing, so I tend to avoid using that in there.

Thwizzit said:
Very cool, thanks. I got one of these compact bottle trees that holds 45 bottles (you just need to remove the handle and put on the rinser) and I've been thinking about getting one of the rinsers and since I need to order some bottles I'll add it to the list. Thanks again :)
4810_165x222.jpg

I just got the vinator and the full-sized bottle tree because the vinator won't work on top of the compact tree, at least according to morebeer.com. But it will sit nicely on the floor right next to your compact tree, so it will still work. I highly recommend getting one. It will cut your bottle sanitizing time dramatically.:mug:

They work great but not on top of the tree, too tippy/shakey
I use starsan in mine.

homebrewer_99 said:
Iodophor is OK.

I've use StarSan and Iodophor in mine, but I prefer Iodophor because it doesn't foam like SS does. ;)

See, I'd prefer the foam for this application; less of the sanitizer is coming down off the bottle. Don't fear the foam!

I just bought one of these based on this thread.

I've gotten so sick of the cleaning/sanitizing process and this seems like a big help.
Also got one of the bottle jets that threads onto the sink faucet.

I hope this makes an appreciable difference.

the_bird said:
See, I'd prefer the foam for this application; less of the sanitizer is coming down off the bottle. Don't fear the foam!
Oh, I'm not afraid of the foam. It's just that I have to scoop it out and put it back in the bucket because it gets too high...the Iodophor has a very low foam...;)

SuperiorBrew said:
They work great but not on top of the tree, too tippy/shakey
I use starsan in mine.

Right, I just use mine on the tabletop. I bought one around 1986 and another one in 2008 and they appear to be identical.

I run 12.5ppm iodophor in mine.

I bless the day that I bought my Vinator. I love that little fella so much...I use idophor and keep it on the table, and you can blow through bottles so fast! My bottling time is down to about 30-35 minutes, and most of that is waiting for it to siphon into the bottling bucket!

Latest posts

Back