recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palmm

Reaction score
I am really new to home brewing, but is there any suggestions on coming up with your own recipes. I love english brown ale, and any lager is good. Any info would be appreciated.

You know if you haven't brewed much I would stick to "tried and true" recipes first. At least look at multiple recipes for the style of beer so you understand what what the base ingredients are...type of malts, hops, and yeast. The recipe section here is a good place to start.

Look at the recipe section of the forum. I would suggest trying a couple of recipes that have a lot of good feedback. That way you can get a good feel what make a particular brew good. Then as you understand the ingredients a little better you can make up your own.

Once you get a good grasp of brewing, making your own recipes is very rewarding.

Oh yeah, also get a copy of some brewing software. That is the best thing you can buy as a new brewer. They all offer free trials so you can try a couple out to see which one you prefer.

Latest posts

Back