What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping there was a yeast that worked at that low of a temp. I can't afford a fridge and controller to do such.
I've been hanging on to my little Mr Beer fermentor thinking it would fit on a fridge shelf quite well... That or I'll maybe end up doing a Belgian or something I don't need to fuss over.

if you have some sort of fridge you can always go with a cheap homemade temp controller. A fair smattering of us use this link and build a STC-1000. Works great for me and cheap.

But in hindsight you do not have one, you could potentially get away with being very diligent with a swamp cooler, but I would avoid lagers personally until you have some sort of ferm chamber.

We have 2 refrigerators, but still need a freezer, and possibly another fridge, which would be just for my beer, yeast, hops, ice, etc.

We fight over space as she buys from a co-op and farmer's markets, and does Laura Ingles cooking and canning.

I need room for venison and fish!

I have 5 gallons of honey porter in my beer/ale fermenter and 10 gallons of Octoberfest Lager in my lager fermenter. Now I need kegging equipment or alot more bottle.

Currently have a batch of double american black ale and a batch of breakfast stout that'll both be bottled tonight. A hoppy pale made with mosaic is on dry hops, and a berlinerweisse is currently souring in the mash tun.

Irish Red Ale from MW. 2-weeks in and tasted my hydrometer sample last night and it was super tasty. Cant imagine it getting much better.

Sadly nothing. I'm away from home and need to be their to regulate temperature
However, as soon as I'm back, Illl be making my first dunkle recipe, so I'm pretty excited ^__^

A lot in the pipeline, yet I am sitting here drinking commercial beer. Hope to have a home brew in my hands in two more weeks.

Primaries (5 Gallon):

Russian Imperial Stout (long term project)
Cider
California Common
Ed Wort's Haus Pale Ale
Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Clone
Belgian Wit (Hoegaarden Clone)

Tomorrow:
2 1 gallon Meads

One very simple amber ale will be ready to bottle in a couple days I assume. An ipa ive brewed for the second time now. ( turned out good last time:) and a recipe I followed from a local brew store called the Portland porter.

I like to work in extremes. So I have a session stout in one and an imperial in the other!

The "sessionable" one seems to have more promise right now. Might add roasted coffee beans to the imperial to develop a better flavor profile...

The same Berliner Weisse that's been souring for about 8 months, my heavily peated Scotch Ale that's been on single malt-soaked oak for a little more than a month, and a Kolsch, Chinook/Vienna SMaSH IPA, and Hefeweizen that have been brewed within the last 4 days.

I've got an IPA using Mosaic Hops (late addition only, bittered with Magnum) a week in Primary. Will dry hop with more Mosaic in keg. Wish me luck, not sure what to expect

Pitched today:
3 gallons of blueberry wine.
1 gallon of cranberry wine.
1 gallon of whatever you call fermented maple syrup.

Moved 3.5 gallons of apfelwein to secondary today. Fairly aggressive version of it. ABV is 15.5%

Hmm, I guess that was technically yesterday. It's after midnight here now.

Just bottled my first pale ale, but recently added 3 Apfelweins:

1. 5gal Local brand pressed cider
2. 2.5gal Allen's apple juice
3. 2.5gal Rougemont apple juice

All using the same ratio of juice + sugar, and all using 1118 yeast. Gonna have a side-by-side compare in a few months and see which juice created the best Apfelwein :)

5 gallons of BM's Cream of Three Crops with wlp001
1 gallon of BM's Cream of Three Crops with Notty, to be dry hopped with NZ Rakau
1.5 gallons of Imperial Brown Hop Goo (Hoppy Imperial Brown Porter)
1 gallon of hard cherry apple cider
img-20121230-00309-57839.jpg

Just brewed 5 gallons of an attempt at Firestone Walker Double Jack clone. Currently fermenting at 64 degrees. Here is hoping that it comes close. The thought of a 5 gallon keg of Double Jack boggles my mind!

Back