First Batch is a success!! What next??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burtlake1985

Reaction score
First off I'd like to say thanks for all the great information I have obtained through these threads and the responses to my few questions on here already.

My first batch (Brewer's Best IPA) came out as a success as far as i'm concerned. Maybe a little sweeter than I had anticipated, but it certainly tastes, smells, and feels great!

Now that I'm already a few brews deep into my stash. What should I brew next?? Any good personal recipes anyone would like to share/recommend?

My favorites are all varieties of IPAs and Stouts and Belgain ales.

I feel confident enough to venture out to a more difficult brew, maybe looking into something that involves dry hopping and/or oaking.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Fire away!

My setup is Extract w/specialty grains. I do have a secondary which i used on my first brew.

I'd prefer to brew something a little bigger this time. ABV 8-10??

take that IPA recipe you just made and increase the base fermentables (DME/LME) and make it an IIPA. dry hop as you see fit.

edit: i always recommend starting with amarillo if you're new to dry hopping, they are great.

Congrats on having a successful first batch! I'm on my way gonna be bottling by the middle of next week most likely. I also brewed an IPA. I say if that's your favorite style then why not do a variation such as a Red, Rye, Black or Wheat? I'm definitely thinking of making a Red IPA next time but I also think its good to try to brew something new.

I am a fan of brewing bigger beers, just make sure you look into doing a starter as well as oxygenation to make great tasting big beers.

Latest posts

Back