The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got back from vacation in Acapulco, and if you want crazy drivers, check those guys out. Not only are turn signals optional, so are lanes. I saw 2 lane roads with four across. I grew up and learned to drive in and around Boston, and those guys scared the s*** out of me!
Not to mention the more lax rules about where people ride. Saw a pickup truck with the bed mostly full of boxes, and a couple guys hanging on to the back end - at about 50 MPH.

From what I understand, the Spencer Abbey beers will be in store mid-January.

I've seen drivers in Nigeria, Mexico City, and Vietnam. They make Masshole drivers seem like amateurs....

According to latest stats, we are supposedly the 42nd worst drivers in the US. All the New England states are apparently among the top 10 states with the best drivers. We are going soft apparently.

I think this is the only state I've ever driven in where I've encountered idiots slamming their brakes to stop for someone waiting to get out of a side street. And people stopping at the end of an on ramp to a highway. That's the worst place to come to a complete stop.

Just beware, if you decide to stop when you should go, check your rear view mirror. If you see a large black truck behind you, it may just drive over top of you if you do.

Also encountered while driving in MA on a regular basis: four cars following each other through a red light; 'courteous' drivers stopping to allow someone to pull out across traffic into a lane where cars are bumper to bumper; a semi turning into an intersection when there is no room to clear the said intersection (and there is a police car sitting watching him...); cars pulling into the right lane to take a left turn on a two lane road; and I can go on and on....

We'll finally go to check in/read up on this fourm and of course I miss nothing but blabbering. The iPhone app for "homebrewtalk" is in Portuguese and doesn't work correctly.

Merry Christmas to all you fools. Be safe.

Also encountered while driving in MA on a regular basis: four cars following each other through a red light; 'courteous' drivers stopping to allow someone to pull out across traffic into a lane where cars are bumper to bumper; a semi turning into an intersection when there is no room to clear the said intersection (and there is a police car sitting watching him...); cars pulling into the right lane to take a left turn on a two lane road; and I can go on and on....

Yes, mass has terrible drivers! I had to forget what I learned in driving school when I moved here, like not use blinkers, give everyone the finger, turn left in front of on coming traffic when the light changes, and in general be a dick to anyone that doesn't have mass plates.

Merry Christmas. Good night so far.

image-914039009.jpg

T’was the night before Christmas, and in the backyard,
Lobster-saw-us sat quiet, she was aground hard.
The dock lines were all hung from their cleats with care
In hopes that a new Dive Season soon would be there.
The dive tanks were snuggled all safe in a file
While visions of warm water dives made us smile.
And Alice in her sweat shirt, and I in my trunks,
Had both rinsed out our wetsuits to get rid of the funk.
When off of the stern there arose such a clatter,
I turned from the helm to see what was the matter.
“Throw open the porthole, and toss out a line,
We’re all back on boadr, everyone’s fine.”
The moon on the breast of the mud spattered snow,
Gave the luster of Southie to the boat down below.
When what to my eyes were played such tricks
But a fifty pound lobster and his posse of chix.
That enormous bug was such a scary old horror
I knew in a moment he was the King Lobster.
They flicked their tails quickly and backwards they came
And he whistled and chuckled and called them by name,
“Now Scott, now Sarah, now Spikey and Drunken ,
On Kim, on Mort, on good Dr. Harrison.
Jump over the side, get into the water
The ‘vis’ is outstanding, you know that you ought-a!”
As I pulled off my hood and was turning around,
Up the dock the King Lobster came with a bound.
He was dressed all in shell, from his tail to his claws
And his antennae turned towards me and gave me great pause.
I was not afraid, I would not be hasty, I couldn’t flee from a lobster so tasty.
And though he tried my fingers to crush, I took my time, I did not rush.
I reached quick behind him, his back I did snag,
And I twisted, pulled quick and shoved him into my bag
And later that night, as I held him o’er my pot
He said, Season’s Greetings, my goodness, it’s hot!”

Back