coopers draught

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxywashere

Reaction score
coopers draught, any tips to improve it. im using a 1kilo bag of brewing sugar and intend on kegging it to a corny keg for christmas day. fortnight in primary, fortnight in secondary and kegged.

Don't use a kilo of sugar. I'd use a 500g of DME/LME and 500g of sugar. I don't like using all malt because they'll finish too high and leave for an overly sweet beer. Using a full kilo of sugar and you're making a really light beer with little malt to hide behind if you have any fermentation or sanitation issues. They make for a really easy drinking quick beer if you have good brewing practices.

I used Coopers Draught for my second batch (1st was Coopers Irish Stout) and I'm still learning and by no means am I an expert but 1kg of sugar struck me as strange since the Stout called for 2-3lbs of DME. I've had it fermenting for about a week and I'm just kinda scared how it's gonna turn out. That was a lot of friggin sugar.

I use the cooper's OS draught in a couple of my recipes. My Sunset Gold APA in my recipes is one of them. I also make my IPA with it,but that one is getting one or two tweaks before I list it.
I also used it in my Buckeye Burton ale V1. Gotta brew v2 after we try v1 at Christmas. The APA recipe will give a good idea of what can be done with it in the more basic sense.

Have u guys ever used the cooking barley malt extract? Its 100% BME and like a syrup, it says on the jar for every 100g its 73g of carbohydrates (72.5g of which are sugars). I was thinking of using a jar or 2 in place of some sugar for my coopers draught im making next week.

Back