Not another BMC rant!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eschatz

Reaction score
Warning:This is NOT another BMC rant!
When you've got a half case of BMC sitting in the fridge and one outstanding craftbrew, when do you drink the craft? I've had this debate with people before. I ALWAYS drink the craft first. In fact, sometimes I'll have two Old Rasputains and then hit the PBR and get ugly with my buds. Saving the other two Rasputains for another day.
Reasoning tells me that the drunker I get the less I truely taste the essence of the good beer, especially Pale Ales and lighter beers. Thats why when I'm out to hang with the party hammer I leave a couple for the next day and drink BMC to finish the night. Anyone else do this?:mug:

I do the same. I want fresh tastebuds for the good beer. Sometimes late in the night, if people are slowing down and just hanging out, I'll grab another micro/homebrew to drink a little slower.

Look into honkers ale from Goose Island, good price point and a great all night drinker. There are others as well. Quellfrisch comes to mind.

I really don't care for BMC, and don't drink it anymore.

I agree, if you have something you have been dying to try, 1AM after a bunch of drinks is not the time to try it. (somehow it still happens though :D)

I go for it first, too. Have a couple good brews to start the night off and then move into something else once you can't taste as well anymore. I don't care for BMC, so I usually switch to gin.

There is no better feeling than getting drunk off homebrew or high quality beers, though! Real nice buzz, and much less of a hangover in the morning.

No...In fact someone has a quote by me as their sig line on this topic.

I drink the Bmc/or many bmcs first...then I kill that lingering crappy overly sweet after taste that seems to coat the teeth, with a craft or homebrew. The hoppier the better.

There's that old saying "saving the best for last." (Which btw, is actually biblical, it comes from Jesus turning the water into wine at the wedding of Cana...It was served last.)

I can't say that I've ever has this problem. Before I found craft beer all I drank was BMC. Now that I homebrew I never have BMC at home.

My reasoning would go like this:
Does the BMC have twist tops, if yes, then just toss it, it's worthless. Else, invite friends over to drink it all.
Then: Drink the craft brew while waiting for friends to arrive or after the BMC dumpster run.

I absolutely cannot stand BMC beer.

Warning:This is NOT another BMC rant!
When you've got a half case of BMC sitting in the fridge and one outstanding craftbrew, when do you drink the craft? I've had this debate with people before. I ALWAYS drink the craft first. In fact, sometimes I'll have two Old Rasputains and then hit the PBR and get ugly with my buds. Saving the other two Rasputains for another day.
Reasoning tells me that the drunker I get the less I truely taste the essence of the good beer, especially Pale Ales and lighter beers. Thats why when I'm out to hang with the party hammer I leave a couple for the next day and drink BMC to finish the night. Anyone else do this?:mug:

yep pretty standard for me..

Most of you aren't fortunate enough to have Lone Star at the ready, but I'm more that willing to drink the National Beer of Texas all night long. Save the home brew and micros to be apreciated some other time.

I have a keg of BMC on most of the time anyway, so if we kill a keg or empty the fridge there is always The High Life on tap as well.

I'm curious... why would you label BMC as "Junk Beer". Details please.

The only "BMC-style" beer that I ever have at home is PBR, and I have that if I don't want to get drunk, but want fizzy barley flavored water. I'd have the HB and start drinking vodka, whiskey, bourbon, or rum.

I do the same. I want fresh tastebuds for the good beer. Sometimes late in the night, if people are slowing down and just hanging out, I'll grab another micro/homebrew to drink a little slower.

+1 - I usually do the same thing. I'f I'm swinging for the fences I'll break out the Makers Mark or Beefeater.

Back