No longer a pumpkin....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marc06

Reaction score
I ordered grains to brew a pumpkin beer end of July and i still havent had time to brew it. I still won't have time for another 3 weeks. The grain bill is pretty much Richbrewers pumpkin. My question is, what should I do for hops? I have a pound of Centennial, Cascade, Chinook, Columbus, Magnum, Amarillo, Nugget, Willamette and about 4 oz of crystal. A big hop bomb? An amber? I just can't decide.

Here is the grainbill:
10lbs 2 row
2lbs Munich
1lb crystal 40
0.5lb caramunich

Thanks for the input.

Sounds ideal for an Amber/Brown......

I think it is a little dark for a hoppy APA/IPA.

BTW, did you order the grains crushed? Once crushed, they are only viable for a certain period. If they are, I think you will be pushing it.....

Sounds ideal for an Amber/Brown......

I think it is a little dark for a hoppy APA/IPA.

BTW, did you order the grains crushed? Once crushed, they are only viable for a certain period. If they are, I think you will be pushing it.....

get a ho,er bucket and stick em in there. I had crushed grains in a plastic bag for 2.5 months before i used them and it made a great Oatmeal Stout

No the grains are not crushed, got a BC a while back. The SRM from Beersmithis only 11, well within the IPA range....

Latest posts

Back