Hi Guys, Care to Trade Beers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danfinlay

Reaction score
Hi There,

Long time reader, first time poster! I've used this site to mod my own kegerator, as well as clarify lots of questions I've had over the years.

I'd been feeling like the rate I can drink beer is having trouble keeping up with the rate I want to experiment with new recipes, so I wanted a way to try lots of different recipes while only brewing as often as I'd like anyway.

My solution? hopswap.net.

It's a pretty simple page made for posting brews you've made, and checking whether they're "available for trade" or not, as well as searching your area for homebrews that are available for trade.

Obviously it will only be worth using if a number of people have beers listed in your area, so I'd be very grateful if some eager folk would post up some beers for trade. I just added email notifications, so once you've added your beers, you can forget about the site until someone wants to trade, no problem, and you can always unsubscribe from updates later.

Let me know what you think, it's really a proof of concept, and I'm curious if there are even enough homebrewers who want to trade to make this concept viable. If you're one, help it start out, and give me any feedback to help make it better! I love feedback! I implemented almost every feature reddit suggested when I posted a simpler version. (BeerXML recipe upload/download is more a long-term goal).

Anyways, that's me, I'm Dan Finlay, and I love searching for a better way to do things!

I appreciate any feedback at all. That forum seems primarily dedicated to trading beer in general, and I think my site may be more effective at finding local homebrews. It'll take more users to tell. It's a huge gamble. I have no idea :) It was fun to make, either way. Please do post what you'd like to trade, right now it'll take a ton of blind posters with email notifications before any real trades take off.

Thanks again for giving any feedback at all. It feels great to even know people see what I'm doing :)

Back