What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, you actually DRINK your beer??? What kind of craziness is that? All of mine are purely cellar decorations. [emoji12]

Just my homebrew and some FotD/HB; otherwise, no, lol. That's the problem...spend a few benjies on beer that you've never had. Still have not had a RB, but I have at least 20 bottles shelved. Go figure.

A bomb diggity box from @6midgets.

IMG_0001.JPG

I got a shiny new SS false bottom from brewhardware.com along with a suckback preventer. The false bottom will replace the turkey fryer basket I've been using, eliminating dead space and allowing me to fit a lot more grain in my 11g kettle, while also preventing my wilser bag from touching the elements. Gearing up for a Russian imperial stout!

It's from the folks I got my setup from, I'm sure the price is high compared to if you pieced it out and it likely only fits their (10.5) gal kettle but maybe you can hit them up and see if it would work for you.

https://www.clawhammersupply.com/products/10-5-gallon-brewing-insulation-kit
Thanks for the link. It appears to be just precut reflectix, which is what a lot of folks use. I was kind of hoping they had something a little more sophisticated (like high temp polymer foam.)

Brew on :mug:

Thanks for the link. It appears to be just precut reflectix, which is what a lot of folks use. I was kind of hoping they had something a little more sophisticated (like high temp polymer foam.)

Brew on :mug:
$44!?! Pick up a roll of reflectix and at home depot for $15. I didn't bother to insulate the bottom of my kettle, it sits on a silicone sink mat ($4 walmart) with three wraps of reflectix held in place with 3 binder clips to make it easy to remove for cleaning. With 2×1500w elements I get a full, rolling boil with the lid OFF.

$44!?! Pick up a roll of reflectix and at home depot for $15. I didn't bother to insulate the bottom of my kettle, it sits on a silicone sink mat ($4 walmart) with three wraps of reflectix held in place with 3 binder clips to make it easy to remove for cleaning. With 2×1500w elements I get a full, rolling boil with the lid OFF.

Uh excuse me sir, it comes with reflecty tape too. That's a good deal.

I want to check that out. I loved the original Brewing TV.

Me too. It was great. Chop and Brew is pretty good, but I really preferred Brewing TV.

So, what drew me to the book, other than Michael Dawson being the author, was that it seemed to indicate that it was going to be somewhat of teaching tool. I expected it to give a recipe and then explain what would happen if you chose different hops, for example, or maybe how using different grains would affect the final product. It doesn't really do this. It is basically a recipe book.

I received my order from morebeer today. Sad to see that it's all stuck together. Guess I will not brew this weekend.
20180906_165934.jpeg

Back