my cpvc manifold, will this work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poislb

Reaction score
Will this work, any suggestions? Its on a 5 gallon cooler, doing a 10 next...

You can also view my cooler build here since i posted it in the wrong thread from the get go....Thanks for any advice.. Its just a dry fit, no fender washers installed yet..

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/my-cooler-conversion-3-8-1-2-cpvc-242599/

IMG_0688.jpg

Looks fine. I usually use a stainless steel braided sink hose for the manifold. Filters great and is cheap/easy.

Should Work Fine. Looks good to me. When I used a Cooler I Built mine out of Copper 1/2" Pipe.Worked like a Champ!

Cool, thanks. Cant wait to try it. Still have to make the slits or holes, dont know which one i wanna do yet.

Slits are Easy But if you have the Patient Do holes. I actually work in a HBS and Most people that Make slits say they Should of done holes. I think its personal opinion. I did holes and worked great. Talked to people with slits works great for them.. Holes look neater!

i have a 40 qt with a copper manifold with holes. i have a 58 qt with copper with slits. they both work very well. that cpvc looks fine. i do seem to get better extraction with the slits on the bottom instead of on top, though

Here are some pics of the holes, finally got around to drilling...3 rows with a 5/64 drill bit..

IMG_0700.jpg

looks good to me, i keep my slits on the bottom to eliminate dead space and it works well for me.

good luck and Cheers :)

Is that actually CPVC? I thought the schedule 40 PVC stuff was that color. Or maybe color-coding is just a per-manufacturer thing.

Is that actually CPVC? I thought the schedule 40 PVC stuff was that color. Or maybe color-coding is just a per-manufacturer thing.

Yeah its cpvc, your probably thinking of flowguard cpvc which is more yellow than white.

I also recently ugraded the hardware to stainless, i also found that using a close nipple works much nicer than the 1 1/2 everyones been using. Only have to use one washer on the inside of the cooler and 3 for the outside just so the ball valve has enough room to close the valve, works like a champ..

Back