How's this nugget?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicadrick

Reaction score
115.jpg

Nice! My Nuggets didn't have nearly as many leafed-out cones as my Magnum, Chinook, and Newports did. Pluck, dry, good to go!

I've got a LOT of those on my Nugget bines, as well. I wasn't sure as to whether they were good enough, but figured since they have what appears to be the "normal" amount of lupulin in them, i'd use them. I did, however, cut off the extraneous leaves in order to not throw off the weight ration (alpha acid percentage), but on only a few cones, it shouldn't matter.

I noticed i got most of my leafy cones at the end of the bine arms.

One of the commercial growers on here mentioned these "angel cones" tend to appear at the tips of the bines at the top of the trellis.

One of the commercial growers on here mentioned these "angel cones" tend to appear at the tips of the bines at the top of the trellis.

I must be blessed then, I just picked an 8 quart basket of these. I have too many nuggets!
:ban:

Back