Ideas for a Rosemary Ginger Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

messler

Reaction score
So a few years ago I was at a summer time festival and the local brewery, Church-Key (Cambellford, Ontario) was serving up its Rosemary Ginger Spiced Ale. It was absoloutly incredible and I remember the keg was emptied in a flash. It almost tasted minty, with the sweetness of the rosemary coming out on top. i think they've stopped producing it, but I've been dreaming of it for years.

Does anyone have any recipes to make a beer like this?

It was pale ale, so I imagine i'll just start with that. But then as to the type/amount of hops to add and how/when to include the rosemary and ginger i'm not quite sure.

Also, if you've never tried a beer like this, believe me, it was the best beer for a summers night I've ever had.

Thanks.

Hi Messler,
Did you ever have any luck finding a recipe/brewing a rosemary pale ale? I just posted a thread looking for rosemary recipes.

Sorry I missed your post, but I did end up making one and it was AWESOME. I over-did the fresh ginger by a bit, and I could have used more rosemary but overall it was an amazing beer. I want to brew it again, but I think I've lost the recipe that I made up for it. It was just a simple mildly hopped pale ale, with ginger added maybe at the half way and the end, and a bunch of rosemary added at the very end (i seem to recall). When I do this again, or if I make it up again, I'll post what I did. It's pretty hard to screw up though. Even if you way over shoot the ginger, like I did, A- it tastes like Jamaican Ginger beer, and B - the ginger harshness goes away substantially as you let it age.

Hope this helps.

Back