Overcarbed brew from local microbrewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clemson51

Reaction score
I have only been drinking craft beers for about 4 months and noticed that the last 6 pack I bought from a local microbrewery in SC was over carbonated and had lots of yeast particles floating in the beer. It was a brown ale and I have never noticed this before when I bought this beer. When I opened the bottle it foamed over the top and I could only pour about 2 ozs into the glass before it foamed over the top. The beer was still good once the head subsided but just wondering if this is a normal thing with microbrews. I guess it is common to expect an identical beer every time when that is what u get from the large breweries but makes you realize that many small microbreweries aren't that much different from home brewing.

It happens, but is uncommon. I would let them know, they'd probably appreciate it.

You might be able to save the brewery a headache later on if the bottles have the batch number on them. They might end up with bottle bombs if they carb too much. Definitely give them a heads up.

New pint glass on the way to me! Thanks for the advice to let them know.

Back