Unique Beer Tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TastyBrew

Reaction score
I've had this tower in my garage for 6 or 7 years. I ran across it on eBay and picked it because I thought it was an interesting shape. I've looked but I've never seen one like it. I dug it out of storage now that I'm starting to think more seriously about building a keezer.

An immediately obvious problem is how to mount it. As can be seen, there's no mounting flange to screw it down. My thought is to have a flange made that can be attached to the tower using the existing screws on the bottom. Then screw down thru the flange to hold the entire assembly in place.

Another issue is the fact that I'd like to eventually have more than one tower, but finding a match to this is probably unlikely.

So, anyone seen a tower like this? Have any information about it? Got any mounting suggestions or know where to find another?

Also, it's disappointing that the manufacturer chose to put the seam in front rather than behind.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

or... cut a big enough hole in your fridge/counter/whatever, and sink the entire tower down and glue it.

Actually the manufacturer did put the seam on the back, it is designed to be mounted on a bar and the smooth side would face the customer.

Cool tower BTW, are the screws on the bottom of the unit threaded into the tower? If so you could use longer screws there and run the screws through the top of whatever you mount it on..

I'd cut a nice bottom plate out of stainless steel for it, maybe an inch larger all the way around than the outer cross section of the tower. Use the existing screws to mount the bottom plate to the tower. Then mount the bottom plate to yer fridge or bar.

I'd cut a nice bottom plate out of stainless steel for it, maybe an inch larger all the way around than the outer cross section of the tower. Use the existing screws to mount the bottom plate to the tower. Then mount the bottom plate to yer fridge or bar.

That's the plan.

Back