More proof that some people should not reproduce.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait, what, no way. I'll go so far as to say their parents shouldn't have reproduced. On top of this, how is it that two completely negligent, irresponsible people like that met in the first place? Welfare line? Do they have Welfare in England? I mean seriously, how did they even make it out of the house?

Indeed, Incomprehensible with a capital "I".

That's just the most horrible thing I have seen in a very long time. Please folks, if you are prone to anger...DO NOT READ THAT ARTICLE.

I agree. unbelievable. Tell me this!!!! Why does every profession in the whole world need a government mandated certification process. for instance Dog groomer, manicurist, Hair dresser, and even personal trainer. All of them have a certificate saying they are worthy to do all these stupid things. On the other hand any worthless sack of S*&t can have children and ruin their childrens lives. Makes me sad to see some of these people with children.

I used to live really close to there. It doesn't matter where you go, there are just some horrible people everywhere.

It's not so much the fact that the children starved to death that makes it so appaling, it's the apparent (for lack of better words) malaise, or disconcern that the parents exhibit that is so abhorable.

They couldn't be bothered to check in on their offspring. The apparent fact that the children did not come out of their room didn't set off some, miniscule curiosity as to the state or condition of the children?

This sort of behaviour makes me support the idea, in cases such as this, for extreme capital punishment. I am talking in the mideval sense here. An eye for a ****ing eye here.

Do not pass go. Guilty parties shall be terminated in like fashion. Accomplices shall be castrated, spade, or neutered in the manner of deplorable animal behaviour they exhibit. Hell, don't even sterilize the knife.

They couldn't be bothered to check in on their offspring. The apparent fact that the children did not come out of their room didn't set off some, miniscule curiosity as to the state or condition of the children?
18 months old. Weighed 10 lbs. This is way, way beyond "didn't check on their offspring". That was a long, slow, painful torture for those kids, that even these nitwits couldn't have "missed".

Which is why I couldn't agree more with the rest of what you said:
This sort of behaviour makes me support the idea, in cases such as this, for extreme capital punishment. I am talking in the mideval sense here. An eye for a ****ing eye here.

Do not pass go. Guilty parties shall be terminated in like fashion. Accomplices shall be castrated, spade, or neutered in the manner of deplorable animal behaviour they exhibit. Hell, don't even sterilize the knife.

I think its likely that mental illness or some other impairment was a contributing factor here, especially for the mother. This sounds like a case of extreme neglect, rather than malicious cruelty. Abusers often pay a lot of attention to their kids, actually. This is something else all together.

I guess I understand why government takes a laissez-faire policy on reproductive rights because any intervention at all could be construed as social Darwinism. Taken to the extreme you have the richest and smartest of society controlling who gets to reproduce. Then again, there are some serious religious implications as well. Many sects shudder at the idea of letting the consenting couple decide not to have children. Can you imagine making the decision for someone else?

Personally, I don't know where I draw the line because as a middle class citizen who's always taken care of my own family, it's easy for me to say that:
1. Anyone that wants to reproduce should have a stable income and a history of the same.
2. Pass a basic skills knowledge test.
3. Take and pass a parenting class.
4. Pass a mental health exam.

I know, it's so 1941. How do you possibly enforce this? Should you?

Not sure which is worse, This or the story from yesterday of the guy in Cali stomping and beating a toddler to death. This is a cruel world for children.

It's news stories like this that make me want to go home and hug my daughter real tight.

It's not so much the fact that the children starved to death that makes it so appaling, it's the apparent (for lack of better words) malaise, or disconcern that the parents exhibit that is so abhorable.

Wait the mother said she thinks they starved to death. Let's not jump to conclusions! Yeah RIGGGHT. I can remember when I was a kid.... I ATE EVERYTHING AND WAS ALWAYS HUNGRY, and came out of my f-ing room all the time because curiosity provoked me to. . Wack job. Another one of those poster children I see every day for sterilization. This woman should be brought to a small island with very little food and left there, be told they will come back to check and then no one should ever come back!

Sick... I usually tune into this page for a good chuckle. Nothing funny happening in this thread. All I can say is these 2 deserve to hang or be shot. The end.

Phillip

I guess I understand why government takes a laissez-faire policy on reproductive rights because any intervention at all could be construed as social Darwinism. Taken to the extreme you have the richest and smartest of society controlling who gets to reproduce. Then again, there are some serious religious implications as well. Many sects shudder at the idea of letting the consenting couple decide not to have children. Can you imagine making the decision for someone else?

Personally, I don't know where I draw the line because as a middle class citizen who's always taken care of my own family, it's easy for me to say that:
1. Anyone that wants to reproduce should have a stable income and a history of the same.

couldnt have put it better myself

Ahh.... if it were only possible to sterilise people at birth, then reverse the process after you passed the tests and deemed yourself worth of bearing children.

Damn I should never have read that. I have twins. Just can't imagine.
The parents had to have mental problems.

I dunno BOTH of them? They must have been doing some serious drugs is all I can figure. Maybe, going back to my original theory, they met in a mental institution?

Stories like this make me want to find these people and beat the ever-loving **** out of them.

I can handle a lot, but neglect or violence towards children is something that I am not able to tolerate.

Back