bottiling day screw up lol

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

showtime24

Reaction score
well i bottled my first batch yesterday and it was a blast but i screwed up big time.

so everything was going as planned I had moved the beer to the bottiling bucket and had filled up 9 bottles and the guy who was helping me had capped all nine of them. when all of a sudden I realized " holy sh*t I forgot to add the priming sugar" lol. I had to uncap all of the bottles and put the beer back into the bottiling bucket without splashing and getting air into the beer. the guy that was helping me was flipping out thinking we ruined it and I had to tell him to relax it would be ok.

I would've just left the 9 unprimed and let them naturally carb up and do the rest but you should be okay.

They have had a very slight carbonation to them but would have been flat for the most part. You may want to look at keeping a pack of Carb Tabs on hand in the future in case this happens again. you'll be fine I'm sure.
BA014.JPG

carb tabs? what is that?

Instead of using priming sugar, you just plop a tab (or multiple tabs depending on which you get, and how much carbonation you want) in each bottle before filling it with beer. Then you cap it and off you go as usual.

Back