Nevermind...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, but it doesn't always work and fun to see how different the answer is from when it was asked last.

No such thing as a dumb question, just a repeated one lol. Besides, the search function on the mobile app sucks, at least on my phone, and always brings up the same threads no matter what I type.

Well, in that case. I was wondering what kind of yeast you guys use when you bottle your sodas. I just my first 1gal batch and used a pack of Safale05 that I had in the fridge. Both 2L bottles seem to be almost fully carbonated. Mostly just want o know if there's another yeast I should be trying out.

Well, in that case. I was wondering what kind of yeast you guys use when you bottle your sodas. I just my first 1gal batch and used a pack of Safale05 that I had in the fridge. Both 2L bottles seem to be almost fully carbonated. Mostly just want o know if there's another yeast I should be trying out.

I really like Red Star Champagne yeast for soda.

It doesn't leave a 'yeasty' flavor at all in it, and it doesn't stay suspended in the soda once chilled since it falls to the bottom readily.

You only need a little bit of yeast. A whole package is WAY overkill. Like maybe, 1/2 teaspoon, for a gallon is plenty.

I really like Red Star Champagne yeast for soda.

It doesn't leave a 'yeasty' flavor at all in it, and it doesn't stay suspended in the soda once chilled since it falls to the bottom readily.

You only need a little bit of yeast. A whole package is WAY overkill. Like maybe, 1/2 teaspoon, for a gallon is plenty.

I agree, Red Star Champagne yeast is the way to go. With that said, I have had a glass 1 gallon carboy explode with 1/4tsp of yeast. I use 1/8 tsp per Gallon and its perfect carbonation.

The only reason I had the bottle bomb was because I was up late brewing and wasn't thinking straight when I got to the yeast part...BAAAAAD IDEA. Needless to say, no more late night brewing for me...lol

Back