time for sanitizer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catnip1970

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, how long can I leave a One Step mix in my fermenter if I'm not using it before it goes from sanitizer to bucket o' germs? How long should I sanitize all of my equipment and should I also sanitize my counter tops before I start brewing a batch?

catnip1970 said:
Just out of curiosity, how long can I leave a One Step mix in my fermenter if I'm not using it before it goes from sanitizer to bucket o' germs? How long should I sanitize all of my equipment and should I also sanitize my counter tops before I start brewing a batch?
I was JUST reading about One Step the other day!

http://www.undergrounddigital.com/cleanserinfo.htm

How long is the One Step solution good for?

Many factors come into play in answering that question. One Step works by producing hydrogen peroxide in solution, so the most important thing is to keep that peroxide. Peroxides are degraded by organic soils, light, and heat, so if you keep your solution away from those things, it will stay better, longer. In a closed, dark, and clean container, the solution will last up to 1 week. In a closed, clean container in a refrigerator, the solution is good for over a month (but let it warm up before you use it).​

I believe that link answers the other questions. If not let me know what's missing :eek:

Jason

Back