Gawd I feel like an idiot... FB = Hop adjustment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeMama

Reaction score
I was so proud of myself for stepping up and getting a turkey fryer and insulating it etc for my full boils. I was even more proud of myself for going forth and buying Beersmith as I plan to go AG here in a bit as well.

Well, put 2 and 2 together and common logic would dictate that the instructions with my last Mini-Mash dont apply to a full boil (they are small boil instructions) Well, like a smarty pants that I am, I just went ahead and used the full 1oz of hops for the recipe on my DCStout kit. Ironically, I did the same thing for my previous batch of Carmel Cream Ale as well. :(

I dont think I am going to have a 'bad' beer(s) as a result of this, but damn it - all things that I have paid attention to here THAT WAS ONE THING I DIDNT! In fact, Beersmith has sat all but dormant on my computer since I purchased it. (I havent even played with it enough to enter in my equip and such...

Im such a knucklehead...
-Me

:mug: With a stout, they are way more forgiving anyway. It only makes about 20% difference in IBU's and on other styles,meh a more hoppy pale ale isn't a bad thing. You could have saved a 1/4 oz of hops though.:mug:

Well, Im far from a hop head - but I will say that I can drink an overly hopped beer before I drink an overly malted beer. (I make this comparison of an IPA vs a Bock of sorts)

Im thinking that these beers are going to be delicious anyway. :)
Like I stated before, I have at least a month + to get over my brewing mistakes. :)
-Me

Going from a partial boil to a full boil will only change the utilization for bittering and that only about 20%. The flavor & aroma (AKA hoppiness) will be unchanged.

Back