Carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fabe

Reaction score
I just started drinking my second batch, it is an English Brown from a Brewers Best kit. The first couple bottles were really flat and the next couple were perfect and then another flat and so forth for about 10 bottles so far. I disolved the priming sugar (5 ounces) and put in bottling bucket and repositioned the racking hose a couple times at the beginning of transfer to mix the sugar solution. It has been conditioning for about 5 weeks.I am just curious as to why this happened. All beer tastes great and getting started on checking the rest of it for carbonation. :tank:

Maybe your caps are not sealing properly. I had this problem recently where a few of the bottle caps for some reason did not completely seal.

It could have been an issue with capping where you didn't get a good seal on some bottles. You did pour the the sugar in the bottling bucket first, then racked the beer on top of it, right?

Yeah I put sugar in first. I think I got a small hiss when I opened the bottles. I guess I will have to check a few more and compare the hissing. I am off work and starting vacation so I will have no problem checking several more bottles. The last few were excellent.

Back