Brew Stand Build Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HokieHomeBrew

Reaction score
I want to build a single tier system with similarities to the Brew Magic system. Here is the a diagram of my proposed design. Let me know if this would work in theory or if all the tubing is too complicated. I'm no expert in these matters. The shaded blue area on the right is an enclosed box, much like the Brew Magic stand. Would this work for a RIMS re-circulating, fly sparging system? I do not own a pump and am not sure if they can be used how I have them drawn.

brew2.jpg

you can get away with only two pumps. just use one of the other pumps to pump the wort through the chiller. Just make sure to run some sanitizer or boiling wort thru it for a little to make sure its sanitary.

Well the point of the two pumps on the right is that they are enclosed in that box...kinda like the brew magic...so that would be a pain having to move them back and forth. I'd rather just buy the third to save the trouble. Would this system work the way it is shown though?

Once you are boiling, your pumps are idle. Why not kit add an extra couple valves to redirect flow through one of the original pumps at the end?

Not if you have a proper drain on it. You need a drain on it anyway so you don't leave fluid in the pumps for next time. Boil up a little water and run it through from one of the other kettles. It's a good idea anyway.

well yeah after the brew day I'm going to run hot water through..then PBW then sanitizer through the whole system to clean it. are you suggesting doing this earlier so you can use the pump for cooling?

Yes...but a little boiling water should do the trick to reuse the pump for this. I always flush with water after brewing and leave my heavy santizing to just before I brew. My rig is stored outdoors with a cover so it needs it.

Back