What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you enjoyed. I don't remember if I told you, but the dark grains were cold steeped. Do you think it would have been better if they had been mashed or added at vorlauf?

I thought I'd seen all the Smuttynose brews. I have a new mission.

Got myself an awesome haul today from Massachusetts. Had to crack open a Nugget Nectar and share the wealth with my MIL. So, so delicious. Now that I am home from the in-laws I am chilling down a Tröegs Perpetual IPA and having a Cascazilla while I wait.

Nice haul I just scored one of those Revel red, and perpetual from Mcbaumberb but haven't tried them yet... and I totally agree that the nugget nectar is an awesome beer.. That Amber hopback I had last night from Tröegs was a super awesome beer too I need to live closer to PA !!

Drinking my censored clone tonight

ForumRunner_20130310_205027.png

Baileys Irish Cream, out of a shot glass I made out of white chocolate with coffee in it. Hmm, not getting much from the chocoffee shot glass.

baileysshots.jpg

Having a Deschutes River Ale and remarking to a friend how similar it is to the Centennial Blonde recipe on here even though River Ale has no centennial.

Had my hefeweizen, and my Black Butte Porter clone. Now having a Oskar Blues G'Knight. I wish I could taste better. Been sick for the last few days.

I'm not one for tooting my own horn all that often, but I've got to say I am impressed with myself on this one. It's the American brown ale I brewed for NHC (aka Thunder Snow) and it's got a soft roast, solid maltiness, a good bit of residual sweetness and a restrained but solid hop presence. I can't wait to see how this does in the first round.

20130311_001400.jpg

Glad you enjoyed. I don't remember if I told you, but the dark grains were cold steeped. Do you think it would have been better if they had been mashed or added at vorlauf?

How long did you cold steep? I liked the result though - nice strong roasted flavor without being overly bitter. I might try that technique next time. In fact, I like the idea of trying vourlauf as well (since I've only mashed the dark grains along with the rest so far.)

Got myself an awesome haul today from Massachusetts. Had to crack open a Nugget Nectar and share the wealth with my MIL. So, so delicious. Now that I am home from the in-laws I am chilling down a Tröegs Perpetual IPA and having a Cascazilla while I wait.

Tröegs is an excellent brewery - and if you're ever in the Harrisburg/Hershey area I'd definitely recommend stopping in for a visit. They do a bunch of micro-batches they call the Scratch series that are awesome (but unfortunately they don't bottle many of them so you can only get them at the brewery.)

I'm not one for tooting my own horn all that often, but I've got to say I am impressed with myself on this one. It's the American brown ale I brewed for NHC (aka Thunder Snow) and it's got a soft roast, solid maltiness, a good bit of residual sweetness and a restrained but solid hop presence. I can't wait to see how this does in the first round.

So that's good to crack open now? :D

TheWeeb said:
Nice to see OB Represented!

Me, the best local triple IPA in the Front Range (and perhaps elsewhere), Elevation, 11% of >100 IBU goodness. The name is derived from the use of only summit hops and of course our 5,280 feet above sea level.

:mug:

TW,
These are some if my favorites. Can drink OB ales everyday. Nice balance with a great finish

French Press full o' coffee while I try to get my thesis done...and by working on my thesis I apparently mean posting on HBT...bah...

Coffee. I have to take a train to southern Oklahoma tonight, and bring one back tomorrow night. That's alright though, because I'm doing a double brew day when I get back, and I get to go pick up a malt mill and 100 lb of grain.

InityBrew said:
Oaked Jai Alai. I know it is a little past it's drink by date, but it is still good.

I have one more day in Orlando but have yet to find the humidor series black ale.

Cigar City American Double Black was awesome, I only had one bottle, it sold out the week it was released at my local liquor store. Your best bet in Orlando would be the Total Wine or Knightly Spirits.

DisturbdChemist said:
Tour on a week/workday? I dont believe it.. I want to be there instead at work...

How's the blue?

The blue is pretty good. Its balanced but it's too restrained on the hops for my taste.

My ESB/APA/English Pale Ale/almost American IPA. Added Nelson Sauvin hops to the keg for last couple gallons to experiment, but otherwise equal parts FWH and late hopped w/ Amarillo and Citra.

image-2166646029.jpg

Latest posts

Back