Hello Fort Collins CO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freedman

Reaction score
Hello from Fort Collins CO home of New Belgium and O'dell breweries. I have been a lurker here for months. Just finished brewing my first batch.

Welcome aboard and congrats on your first batch! Fort Collins would be a nice place to live for a beer lover, without a doubt. Oh and don't forget about Fort Collins Brewery...nice stuff there too...

Thanks Beowulf and Fort Collins is a great place to live for a number of reasons. Not only are number microbreweries in town and the number is growing but if you love the outdoors, we are on the foothills of the Rockies.

I went to college at CSU. I changed majors 6 times, but I'm pretty sure my first semester major was beer snobbery. A different six pack every night!

My favorite place to try new beers is Sliders on Shields by Spring Lake. It was right across the street from my first apartment after college. Saturday night is practically-free-beer-night ($2 micros). Tuesdays and Thursdays ain't bad, either. Typically 10 or more micros on tap.

Saturday used to be a great night at Pott's, too. It was a big Tuesday night bar, but weekends were dead. In the restaurant, it used to be 1 dollar pints, 2 dollar mugs, 4 dollar pitchers. I was the guy who, in 2001, was drinking Total Disorder Porter from a pitcher on Saturday nights.

There are simply too many great places and great beers in that town. Even Jim's Wings has cheap, good beer (usually a flagship product like Fat Tire or 90 Schilling) and insanely cheap wings on Monday.

I was a cashier at Campus West Liquor Depot. Confiscated a lot of fake IDs and pushed some amazing product.

Okay, I'm nostalgic now. Time to look at airfare back to Colorado!

Franc103, I have been in Fort Collins since 1993 but I did not go to school here. I have an engineering degree from Purdue University and, unlike you, I don't get very nostalgic about my alma mater in West Lafayette. I have never tried Sliders although it is on my side of the town and close to where I work. I will have to check it out. Pots has changed a bit, I am not sure if they have the $1 pints anymore. I don't think I could get my wife to leave Fort Collins. She loves it here.

Back