Hello from Corvallis, OR! Go Beavs!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewToppers

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm Ben, another newb from the Willamette Valley (Corvallis to be exact). I've been homebrewing now for about 9 months and just started interacting on HBT (after lurking for awhile).

I'll be upgrading/joining as a Vendor here later in September. Looking forward to learning more and talking about biz.

Maybe I'll run into several of you at Corvallis Brewing Supply or Septembeerfest on the 12th?

Cheers,
Ben

I'll be at the fest early for setup and a few hours of the fest. Sounds like you have a good idea, many people want custom work.

Welcome! There's tons of Oregonians here, you should feel right at home. We have to do our part to keep the Michiganders from overtaking us, population wise. :D

Welcome to the site and obsession. I don't think I will be making the fest but am pretty sure you guys will drink one for me while you are there.

Hey Picobrew

Glad you made it to Block 15, definitely my favorite local watering hole. Nick (the owner) always has excellent brews on rotation. He's getting ready to bottle in October, although I believe they will just be selling locally — in-house, Corvallis Co-op...

Welcome! I stopped at Block 15 in corvallis earlier this year, it was really good. I'll have to get down there again soon.

Welcome aboard...and Go Ducks!! RCW 65-38

HAHAHAHAHA, you are prob not even a UO alum, just some portland folk that thinks green and yellow are pretty. Yet another following Phil Nights Dream.

BTW, welcome aboard brewtoppers/ben my fellow beaver!!!! Im in Corvallis Brew Supply at least three times a week. See you in there!

Woot! Go Beavs! We'll have to meetup sometime at Corvallis Brewing Supply, have Joel crack a couple cold ones and chat homebrewing. On second thought, I don't think Joel usually lets people partake in-store, so onto Block 15!

Nice to meet.
Ben

HAHAHAHAHA, you are prob not even a UO alum, just some portland folk that thinks green and yellow are pretty. Yet another following Phil Nights Dream.

BTW, welcome aboard brewtoppers/ben my fellow beaver!!!! Im in Corvallis Brew Supply at least three times a week. See you in there!

Welcome to the board. As a Florida Gator, I thoroughly enjoyed watching you guys run all over USC last year:D

Hey there and welcome...I just had to throw a jab in as my wife and I lived in Eugene for 6 yrs prior to moving to Indiana...Let me know hoe the Civil War goes this year...Take Care:fro:

Hey Ben,
I'm assuming you work at CBS, how's Joel doing? Get that old van thing done yet? I sort of worked for Joel for a very short time. Anyway I just moved up to WA a month or so, I really miss CBS great store and great people. I'm working at a brewery up here as well as a brew shop, guess I learned a few things from Joel.

For a second there I thought you were meaning the television network! haha

No, actually I've been a web developer and creative director at a couple design/animation studios over the past ten years or so. Started getting into homebrewing here in Corvallis when some of my software engineering buddies roped me into it. Then the addiction started :)

CBS is a great store, honestly it's the only homebrewing supply store I've been in so far so don't really have anything to compare it to, but from what I can tell, it's a top notch store.

How's Washington and the brew job?

Hey Ben,
I'm assuming you work at CBS, how's Joel doing? Get that old van thing done yet? I sort of worked for Joel for a very short time. Anyway I just moved up to WA a month or so, I really miss CBS great store and great people. I'm working at a brewery up here as well as a brew shop, guess I learned a few things from Joel.

You should work up a flier for the Septembeerfest, assuming you're ready to take orders.

Ah I see, well you'll get lots of great advice from Joel. I'd like to make it down for Septembeerfest, too bad it's a 6 hour drive to Corvallis.
For a second there I thought you were meaning the television network! haha

No, actually I've been a web developer and creative director at a couple design/animation studios over the past ten years or so. Started getting into homebrewing here in Corvallis when some of my software engineering buddies roped me into it. Then the addiction started :)

CBS is a great store, honestly it's the only homebrewing supply store I've been in so far so don't really have anything to compare it to, but from what I can tell, it's a top notch store.

How's Washington and the brew job?

Ahhh, so you are a fellow enginerd!!! Im in the chemical engineering grad program down here, also took some grad fermentation courses. BTW Joel will pop a top every now and then in the store, esp if you bring some of your own beer down to have a taster. But of course, gotta support Nick and Block 15!!! Love that place, he gives us his yest off the fermenters every now and then, its pretty kick a$$ yeast (the yeast used for his IPA and Aboriginale) Shoot me a pm if you want, i dunno what type of brew clubs are in town but we should all get together and brew some day, i have quite a few buddies that I already brew with, more never hurts!!!!

Any of you Duck fans watch the game last night... DOH what an embarrassment to the state of Oregon. GOD im glad to be a BEAVER!!!! If we loose to PSU this weekend UofO and OSU should just shut down for the year....

Any of you Duck fans watch the game last night... DOH what an embarrassment to the state of Oregon. GOD im glad to be a BEAVER!!!! If we loose to PSU this weekend UofO and OSU should just shut down for the year....

:off: From the original post but having grown up in SW Oregon I'm a big fan of both schools. The actions after the game are what embarrasses me the most. But as for the loss, I remember back on 9/7/2006 OSU traveling to Boise St. and getting their heads handed to them on a platter to the tune of 42 to 14. Lets hope they don’t loose to PSU.

The actions after the game are what embarrasses me the most.

Yes, that is what I was referring to. It was disgusting, regardless, OSU, UO I always want the Oregon team to win (OSU vs UO, of course go BEAVS!!!). It was a sad day to be an Oregonian. :off: I know... my bad

Welcome aboard. I too am an avid Beavers fan and Block 15 supporter. Nick seems to be a great guy. I have also gotten yeast from him (WLP001) I believe. Nick also is a big supporter of sustainablity which I think is great.

Septembeerfest was a great time last year. I will have to miss it this year, as I am vacationing in Cancun for the next couple weeks. Let us know when you are ready for orders. I would like to place one.

GO BEAVS!

Fantastic OSU vs. PSU on Saturday! Go Beavs!

I had no idea that Nick would give away leftover yeast. Great idea, I'll ask him next time I'm in (which is pretty much every other day).

See you guys at Septembeerfest.

Welcome aboard. I too am an avid Beavers fan and Block 15 supporter. Nick seems to be a great guy. I have also gotten yeast from him (WLP001) I believe. Nick also is a big supporter of sustainablity which I think is great.

Septembeerfest was a great time last year. I will have to miss it this year, as I am vacationing in Cancun for the next couple weeks. Let us know when you are ready for orders. I would like to place one.

GO BEAVS!

Welcome Ben,

Block 15 is one of our favorite brewpubs. My wife is hooked on those jalapeno bottle caps (not the poppers) they have. I am mostly hooked on the beer. Just got their September newsletter today. Looking forward to trying the Super Fly Rye.

Cheers,
Tom

HAHAHAHAH....and you're probably not an OSU alum (I wouldnt blame you if you didnt want to make that public). I can hear your bitter resentment creeping through my screen. Don't blame me because the Beavers will always be the second rate outfit in Oregon...just the way the world works.

Are any of you going to make it to Septembeerfest tomorrow in Corvallis?

I'd work up a flier but not quite ready to take orders. I'll be starting by distributing to as many HBS as possible and go from there.

Speaking of which, I do need to upgrade my HBT membership to Vendor before I get more preachy about BrewToppers.

Hope to see you guys at Septembeerfest! Send me a PM and we'll try to hook up for a brew tomorrow.

Cheers,
Ben

You should work up a flier for the Septembeerfest, assuming you're ready to take orders.

Are any of you going to make it to Septembeerfest tomorrow in Corvallis?

I'd work up a flier but not quite ready to take orders. I'll be starting by distributing to as many HBS as possible and go from there.

Speaking of which, I do need to upgrade my HBT membership to Vendor before I get more preachy about BrewToppers.

Hope to see you guys at Septembeerfest! Send me a PM and we'll try to hook up for a brew tomorrow.

Cheers,
Ben

I plan on going, trying to talk my friend in to it also.

Back