Major Craigslist Score!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
Two faucet jockey box (with the stainless coils) and two Budlight tap handles.
Two Sankey Keg Couplers with gas quick disconnects.
20# CO2 tank with regulator
All Hoses with gas splitter
1/2 barrel keg shell

Guess how much?

I think Edwort just likes to keep us in suspense!

He likes to sit at his computer and chuckle while he watches us guess how much he paid for his CL score, or if his beer is on the right or the left!

I'll say he got it for 100$

That is a good looking setup! Just saw the pictures. I'd throw a hundred at the guess

talleymonster said:
He likes to sit at his computer and chuckle while he watches us guess how much he paid for his CL score, or if his beer is on the right or the left!

:cross: Yeah, but I had to run a SWMBO errand. I got it for $150

CraigslistScore.jpg

I'll probably get sell the keg, the bud tap handles, and the Sankey Keg Couplers, which will get my cost for the jockey box & 20# cylinder below $100.

I was just thinking bout building one of these last week, but those stainless coils cost about $100 each. Major Score! :rockin:

I Love Craigslist!

the_bird said:
What did I win?!

PM me your address. I'll send you some beer. I'm bottling today for the local Austin HB contest, so I may as well send you some too. :cross:

Got the bottles, cleaned, sanitized and covered with a little piece of sanitized foil while they chill in the fridge. I'll be dropping carbonated nectar of the gods in them and capping. Sediment free homebrew!

We need to do a Haus Pale Ale beer swap sometime. Everyone ship someone else a few bottles of it. See how close we all are on taste.

P.S. What do ya want for 1 of the sanke taps? Bout to keep a keg of SNPA in the kegerator.

EdWort said:
Two faucet jockey box (with the stainless coils) and two Budlight tap handles.
Two Sankey Keg Couplers with gas quick disconnects.
20# CO2 tank with regulator
All Hoses with gas splitter
1/2 barrel keg shell

Guess how much?
Just what on Earth are the "search" words on CL? :mad:

I know I've asked this before and got a reply, but man, I guess I look in the wrong places.

Good haul. Congrats! :D

homebrewer_99 said:
Just what on Earth are the "search" words on CL? :mad:

I know I've asked this before and got a reply, but man, I guess I look in the wrong places.

Good haul. Congrats! :D

I regularly lurk at craigslist for my area. My main search words are:

home brew
homebrew
beer

That's about it.

There's a lot of luck involved. This was a college kid at UT who graduated and has worked through college for a Bud distributor.

The two faucet jockey box and 20# tank & regulator are worth over $400 new. I'm going to put a Bee Cave Brewery sticker over the bud sign and swap out the tap handles after I circulate some hot PBW through the coils followed by BLC, followed by Starsan before I use it at the neighborhood Brewfest.

Great score there, Edwort! I'm really jealous because my CL easily has 400+ postings a day, and so far not one for beer stuff! Yar!

I never understood why those jockey boxes go for so much, though. I parted one out and they're like twice the price of the parts.

RadicalEd said:
Great score there, Edwort! I'm really jealous because my CL easily has 400+ postings a day, and so far not one for beer stuff! Yar!

I never understood why those jockey boxes go for so much, though. I parted one out and they're like twice the price of the parts.

I guess it helps to live in a college town and the college is University of Texas Austin. :D Major party school here. :cross: It helps to be in one of the 22 cities listed by craigslist too. What a service. When I was inbetween houses, I used craigslist to find someone to take over my apartment lease. I got out of my lease early, the apartment was happy and the new renter was happy too. Lots of win wins from CL.

homebrewer_99 said:
Neon, coffee??? HAHA!!

Thanks.

Yeah, if you don't include the -neon and -coffee you end up with a million hits for coffee brew pots and beer neon signs:D

Wow, drunkensatyr, that's an absolutely fabulous search tool! I've been using it in other places too, and it really pares down the unwanted stuff!

EdWort said:
There's a lot of luck involved.

Increase your chances by using an RSS feed. When you do your next search, scroll all the way to the bottom of the result page. You will see a link, "RSS", in the bottom right corner. That is the URL to put into your aggregator or email client.

Basically what this does, for those who don't know, is to send you an email everytime there is a post meeting your search criteria. No need to search ever again!

i also lurk a lot on craigslist, and i have a number of search strings in addition to the ones above: co2, c02 (for people who use a 'zero', instead of an 'oh'), nitrogen, oxygen, propane, carboy, corker, keg, kegs. that's as much as i can think of right now. it generally nets a good deal every couple months.

Ed,

Very nice pickup - just a quick question about this. Does this have to be stainless steel pipe or would copper work also? Any problem with beer sitting in the piping say once people stop drinkning? (assuming you dont finish the keg)

daholl01 said:
Very nice pickup - just a quick question about this. Does this have to be stainless steel pipe or would copper work also? Any problem with beer sitting in the piping say once people stop drinkning? (assuming you dont finish the keg)

Thanks! I was thinking the same thing as I wanted to build my own. In theory, it should work fine if only used for an afternoon, but every jockey box I have seen uses stainless tubing, so there must be a reason.

Nice score! The only thing better than cheap is free; I just acquired all the fixin's for kegging - CO2 tank, reg, tap, coupler, hoses and drip tray - for nada. I was rebuilding the balustrade in a house previously rented by some college students where it seems they left the remains of the last party. The owner had no use for the stuff so he gave it to me. I checked the local places where kegs can be had to see if it belonged to anyone, but no takers. So I am making the jump from bottles to kegs. Now I just have to convince SWMBO that we really really need a kegerator in the dining room...

Back